Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 06-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're right, it doesn't do a theoretical max hit on sitting targets anymore

how that's relevant to this thread, i'm not sure

sitting targets almost always take max hit or close to max hit, which is what we're seeing here

move to resolved
I was hit by chucks law standing for 1800 last week with 850 ac, its not theoretical if it happens everyday.

Now I understand why a child would lie on bug reports when they have mained a monk for four years, one of the most grossly op classes on this server.

What I can't fathom is why any dev would listen to a word you say. The goal here is to balance this server to classic. You never played classic so you cannot provide a comparative contrast. Only an idiot what consider the opinion of someone who was seven years old when classic was out.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you hit them at the exact same time, it considers them sitting through both auto attack and a special ability
i was thrown off by sitting damage not being max always like it should be

MY BAD
Old 06-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was thrown off by sitting damage not being max always like it should be

MY BAD
Regardless of what you two idiots are babbling about trying to derail thread with your usual irrational nonsense. Sitting or standing is irrelevant, that's still what a rogue hits for with a duelist back stab unbuffed.

And hitting that hard happens very often espiecally when you consider most rogues PvP strength buffed. Max theoretical hit on near bis buffed rogue is over 2k that's fucking retarded.

No game has ever left one shoting people in it without a nerf and of course you two retards are advocating it working as intended.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

hehe
Old 06-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

The big numbers are scary, but these are the stabs he hit you with: 457 and 386. Multiplied by 2. 457 + 386 would be an extremely common backstab result, and you got hit pretty far off from the theoretical max of 2212 (which he should have hit you for).
Last edited by Cecily; 06-05-2015 at 06:04 AM..
Old 06-05-2015, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless of what you two idiots are babbling about trying to derail thread with your usual irrational nonsense. Sitting or standing is irrelevant, that's still what a rogue hits for with a duelist back stab unbuffed.

And hitting that hard happens very often espiecally when you consider most rogues PvP strength buffed. Max theoretical hit on near bis buffed rogue is over 2k that's fucking retarded.

No game has ever left one shoting people in it without a nerf and of course you two retards are advocating it working as intended.
Actually the reason he hit you for so little is that if he was un or self buffed, there's a fairly significant chunk of the backstab's max damage taken out for not having 255 STR. He looks pretty well geared, so I don't doubt he's pushing 200+ str. Won't be that far off from cap.

The only thing you need for a max hit (553) is a 15 dmg weapon, 255 STR, and luck (atk). If you were sitting, luck isn't a factor anymore.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-05-2015 at 06:20 AM..
Old 06-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually the reason he hit you for so little is that if he was un or self buffed, there's a fairly significant chunk of the backstab's max damage taken out for not having 255 STR. He looks pretty well geared, so I don't doubt he's pushing 200+ str. Won't be that far off from cap.

The only thing you need for a max hit (553) is a 15 dmg weapon, 255 STR, and luck (atk). If you were sitting, luck isn't a factor anymore.
First off it wasn't me, secondly its a lot more common here to see a 1200-1700 duelist backstab than a lower one. Guess what that's one shot for most casters here.

And thirdly your blue, WTF are you posting on the red PvP forums HTF would you know what people get backstabbed for in PvP, you'd have to actually PvP to know that.

But don't argue with me, prove me wrong, post some screenshots of PvP show you've killed one person your entire time here in a 1v1. Or kindly get the fuck off the thread.
Last edited by Syft-X; 06-05-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Old 06-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Backstab damage is 4x under duelist disc here, classically it was only 2x.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's super incorrect. I played a rogue for years on live. Backstab min under duelist was 2x normal min. Regular melee hits were 4x min hit, and all hits were doubled from what they would have been (or following min rules if a normal melee hit that would have been less than 4x base)

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2870

59 - DuelistDuration: 12 seconds
Reuse time from 30 (L59) to 29 (L60) minutes
Multiplies all base damage attacks by 4When using this discipline, all hits landed by the rogue will be for at least four times the base weapons damage. Backstab damage is doubled. This discipline lasts for 12 seconds, and has a base reuse time of 30 minutes. The reuse time for this discipline will decrease as the rogue gains additional levels.
Edited by: Zato at: 8/24/01 12:19:04 pm

I think Vaslin can be trusted on this.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Banned

OK so fix sitting damage not always being max got it