Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman2701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:imagine: bashing a dev who is working for free, because your guild used a known pathing bug to try to preslow statue , super cringe
imagine genuinely thinking an 80 man zerg was exploiting pathing bugs because they couldn't kill one of the easiest raid mobs in velious

great success for the <riot> lawyer squad
Old 08-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad pathing is what I remember from classic.
Lol not nearly this bad

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 08-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I feel for the GMs and what they have to do. . . effectively be adult babysitters without even getting paid for it. . . but this is why concerns me about the ruling.

"Note for all players. There's a very clear way to pull mobs out of this bug/or avoid all together. Use your experienced pullers." (Emphasis added)

Is this the GMs way of telling ALL players to git gud? Or, as it sounds like, is the bar for dolling out a guild suspension going to hinge on whether or not that guild had "experienced pullers" involved with the pull at the time? If so, what is metric going to be for measuring how experienced the puller is? Must they submit to a polygraph examination to determine whether or not they know about the bug and know how to fix it? And if there is a "very clear" way to pull mobs out of this bug, why are so many people struggling with it?

TL;DR there is a contradiction between saying that "there is very clear way" to pull mobs out of the bug in one breath, and then, in the next breath, telling ALL players to use "experienced pullers." That turns this into a subjective rule based on who's pulling rather than a clear, straightforward, objective ruling along the line of "if you do X, then Y will happen to you."

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel for the GMs and what they have to do. . . effectively be adult babysitters without even getting paid for it. . . but this is why concerns me about the ruling.

"Note for all players. There's a very clear way to pull mobs out of this bug/or avoid all together. Use your experienced pullers." (Emphasis added)

Is this the GMs way of telling ALL players to git gud? Or, as it sounds like, is the bar for dolling out a guild suspension going to hinge on whether or not that guild had "experienced pullers" involved with the pull at the time? If so, what is metric going to be for measuring how experienced the puller is? Must they submit to a polygraph examination to determine whether or not they know about the bug and know how to fix it? And if there is a "very clear" way to pull mobs out of this bug, why are so many people struggling with it?

TL;DR there is a contradiction between saying that "there is very clear way" to pull mobs out of the bug in one breath, and then, in the next breath, telling ALL players to use "experienced pullers." That turns this into a subjective rule based on who's pulling rather than a clear, straightforward, objective ruling along the line of "if you do X, then Y will happen to you."
TL;DR but I am offended that you would call us "adults" we are man-children
Old 08-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

That's super embarrassing because the statue before freedom/aegis wiped to statue.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's nothing wrong with new people stepping up and learning, but a full minute is a LONG time for nobody to step up and say "hey stop doing X and do Y instead because it bugs when you do that." Especially when you use said time to pre slow the target.

I had never tagged PD before and stepped in to do it, got stunned and my levi dropped juust enough to not make it over the bridge then promptly died over the lava in VP. Did it "delay" the pull? Sure, all of like 10 seconds, but there was also no advantage like a pre slow gleaned.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing wrong with new people stepping up and learning, but a full minute is a LONG time for nobody to step up and say "hey stop doing X and do Y instead because it bugs when you do that." Especially when you use said time to pre slow the target.

I had never tagged PD before and stepped in to do it, got stunned and my levi dropped juust enough to not make it over the bridge then promptly died over the lava in VP. Did it "delay" the pull? Sure, all of like 10 seconds, but there was also no advantage like a pre slow gleaned.
Got ya. So it sounds like the issue was more about getting a preslow on it while it was bugged? As if, they did not try to preslow it while it was bugged in pathing, there would not a raid suspension? I was not there and my guild is not involved, but I think it would have been helpful for everyone if that ruling contained some more concise, to-the-point statements along the lines of "If you do X while Y is happening, we will come down on you." Or just flat out, "If you try to preslow a mob that is bugged in its pathing, we will come down on you."

It would make the whole lawyerquest job a lot easier for all of us if rulings were less arcane.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

I would think that really depends on the scenario at hand. My understanding is you either bring it in, drop it, or die. I'm still new to seeing how stalls are qualified. I've heard of people pulling Sev to COM area before TT area because "they got turned around" which could be true, it could be BS, it could definitely be considered a stall even if it is already a long pull. But if you were throwing debuffs and such on while running a mob all over the place or bugging it in one spot? That would be more clear cut, in my opinion. Especially if the answer is as simple as someone directing them "just stand still and that bug doesnt happen." Plenty of people can come secondary statue so you dont drop your FTE. That's just my opinion on the matter though. I havent become overly cynical and suspicious of every little mistake to blow them all out of proportion and say everything is a stall.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Well, if it is such a problem for you, go ahead and go play on that other server that is much more classic than this one. Go ahead, bye.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would think that really depends on the scenario at hand. My understanding is you either bring it in, drop it, or die. I'm still new to seeing how stalls are qualified. I've heard of people pulling Sev to COM area before TT area because "they got turned around" which could be true, it could be BS, it could definitely be considered a stall even if it is already a long pull. But if you were throwing debuffs and such on while running a mob all over the place or bugging it in one spot? That would be more clear cut, in my opinion. Especially if the answer is as simple as someone directing them "just stand still and that bug doesnt happen." Plenty of people can come secondary statue so you dont drop your FTE. That's just my opinion on the matter though. I havent become overly cynical and suspicious of every little mistake to blow them all out of proportion and say everything is a stall.
nice stall
Closed Thread