Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As I recall...

HT resist was non-existant versus players and possible, but almost unheard of versus mobs pre-50. By late Kunark, the PvE landscape had changed drastically hence the addition of Unholy Aura, lures for Wizards and such.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Do you guys feel that this is it's own issue? Or just directly related to how wack resists are for players at present? If player resists are all sorts of out of wack (i.e. root resisting 9 times out of 10 on naked MR) would the fact that HT works even most of the time imply that if the resists were fixed across the board that it would also fix HT?

That said, in the case of high ass MR should HT be resisted or partially resisted on players with 140ish MR? 100? 80? At any point?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

HT is resistable, but it is for all intents and purposes in classic not able to be because of the lack of getting 200+ resists easily. HT has a -200 check just like lifetaps do. It CAN be resisted, but the likelihood is negligible for players.

Kunark changes this, and as such, the discipline changes HTs check to disease to make it more able to land on high MR mobs that are commonplace in Kunark.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

HT should be resistible, otherwise you will see armies of SK's dominating raid content like they do on the current progression server.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=177025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HT is resistable, but it is for all intents and purposes in classic not able to be because of the lack of getting 200+ resists easily. HT has a -200 check just like lifetaps do. It CAN be resisted, but the likelihood is negligible for players.

Kunark changes this, and as such, the discipline changes HTs check to disease to make it more able to land on high MR mobs that are commonplace in Kunark.
SK do not get their disc until velious
Old 10-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned

Same idea, it's not going to matter for at least a year in any case.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't think the -200 resist check type stuff was classic and even if it were I don't think it applied to HT until they made it have "lifetap-esque" qualities later. HT resisted/partial resisted pretty frequently on mobs in classic which is why they changed it as it was pretty shitty at the time having an ability on such a long delay failing.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

HT was pretty much useless until the discipline. In PvP it landed most of the time, but was still resisted often when someone had high MR. So the current system of resists may be affecting HT in pvp on red99 -it should be landing a majority of the time against players who don't have buffed up MR.

This goes more to the general pvp resists issue on this server, rather than anything directly related to HT imo.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Kobold

yeah my 17 shadowknight was fighting a 22 shaman yesterday,

HT landed for 6dmg ...

I could be wrong however,
I remember HT being outright resisted only on mobs that conned red,
and as far as i remember against a player within 8+/- levels it hit for
full at all times
Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HT should be resistible, otherwise you will see armies of SK's dominating raid content like they do on the current progression server.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=177025
Thanks for that.

It's hilarious to see that the official boards are EXACTLY the same as they were 10 years ago - a gaggle of illiterate of chicken littles pecking each others eyes out over trivial corner-case bullshit.

What we have here is 11 year old content from a 12 year old game that was utterly broken before the first expansion being abused in hilarious fashion by the 12-boxing ghost of Sam Deathwalker.

Short of a complete remake, you aren't going to "fix" EQ and I'm sure if anyone ever tries they'll have enough sense to address the pre-Velious HP limits directly.