Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched all the source videos. I don't see any huge discrepancies between the racers. The leaders were a tiny bit ahead, but nothing that indicates obvious cheating, and well within the margins of basic differences in sending and receiving data.
As I said before you don't really understand the OPs argument or you are being disingenuous. It's always possible that OP made a mistake in his analysis but you have in no way demonstrated one.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surely someone with your proficiency in computer science would understand how simple it is to exploit this system via extremely simple scripts and how unlikely it would be to ever be detected doing so "beyond a reasonable doubt" right?

Just so we're on the same page
What sort of competitive changes would you like to see that would eliminate any chance at cheating?
Old 02-07-2022, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I said before you don't really understand the OPs argument or you are being disingenuous. It's always possible that OP made a mistake in his analysis but you have in no way demonstrated one.
OP ignored basic computer science about data transfer over a network. So yes, he missed a big part in his analysis.

Please come back when you have the following:

1. Actual ping from all of the racers and the roller. This would first require proof the green bar at the top is accurate. If it isn't accurate, you would need to measure the ping of all players in a different manner.

2. Get the actual send/receive times for all of the racers and roller. Ping is round trip time, so it doesn't guarantee a 50/50 split between send and receive.

3. Determine how P99 prioritizes packets to be sent out. If message packets are given lower priority (and thus have more chance of being dropped), players could receive messages later than others due to this.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What sort of competitive changes would you like to see that would eliminate any chance at cheating?
Why does it have to be competitive? Classic EQ wasn't designed to be an e-sport my guy. It CERTAINLY wasn't designed for multiple large raid guilds to be competing for the same handful of targets for years on end. Despite the fantasies of some deranged elves around here none of this shit is classic.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

OP did a fantastic job compiling tailored evidence to confirm the point they want confirmed while ignoring the multitude of variables that negate or put their evidence into question.

Neat work, I want my 30min back

<Gravity>
Old 02-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Oh look it’s another post that has already been beaten to death months ago when this happened
Old 02-07-2022, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread demonstrates how trivial it is to script race starts.
If the meta changes due to this new information, the server is competitive.
If the meta does not change, then it is only a contest between the people who are willing to script.
You realize that changing the racing meta will not help Riot, right? We get your guild is dead but there's no racing on 98% of the mobs. It's just 2 were talking about here...
Old 02-07-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched all the source videos. I don't see any huge discrepancies between the racers. The leaders were a tiny bit ahead, but nothing that indicates obvious cheating, and well within the margins of basic differences in sending and receiving data.
Dude sorry but you don’t know the history to this I guess. This happened months ago. Riot scripted to prove that Vanquish had been scripting. It was admitted that it happened. The cheating occurred
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that changing the racing meta will not help Riot, right? We get your guild is dead but there's no racing on 98% of the mobs. It's just 2 were talking about here...
Oh look it’s the most pathetic person on P99 who somehow still gets wound up about raiding in a 23 year old game lmao
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh tell me more about your secret evidence. Personally I'm happy to be shown where OP made a mistake. I've been saying it repeatedly all day. Show where OP went wrong in his analysis or shut up. Simple as that.
I've already done that more than once in this thread. You can't just keep saying it's right and ignoring people telling you what's wrong to prove your point.

Pull your head out of your ass.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread