Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-16-2023, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We'll work on some euro friendly stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not Guise or a classic item, what item would you offer as the All Milestone complete prize?
I would say choice of any Raid item (excluding legacy items / Warder loot). Everybody wants something else, some ppl with lots of gear might be chasing 1 specific item. So basically just make it a limited wish "I wish for X item on (insert character)"

Completed Doze quest item? Sure
Vulak item
Tunare Item
AoW item

Basically whatever the winner wants (as long as its not legacy/warder loot)
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-16-2023, 12:44 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say choice of any Raid item (excluding legacy items / Warder loot). Everybody wants something else, some ppl with lots of gear might be chasing 1 specific item. So basically just make it a limited wish "I wish for X item on (insert character)"

Completed Doze quest item? Sure
Vulak item
Tunare Item
AoW item

Basically whatever the winner wants (as long as its not legacy/warder loot)
That's fair, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2023, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We'll work on some euro friendly stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not Guise or a classic item, what item would you offer as the All Milestone complete prize?
Candy corn, it was ripped from our hands by yall, lets get that back. never forget 2018.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- I agree with Solist that Guise on blue is super unique. Handing them out now dilutes its charm. It's like the Tink mask and SoD being obtained (not bought lol), you know when you see one that it is original.
One more person getting a guise doesn't make your guise less cool.
Dialectica Logicae - Gnome Wizard
Tuminy Altz - Halfling Druid
Tipsey McStaggers - Ogre Shaman
Medikku Saishi - Koada'Dal Cleric
Lavander Gooms - Teir'Dal Cleric
Old 03-16-2023, 03:35 AM
Orc

Guise is also pretty useless for Rogues and Bards
Old 03-16-2023, 03:44 AM
Aviak

This was a great idea. Incentives givin for certain things to be completed was nice. Some task def would not of been possible it seemed. As per guilds helping one another complete the tasks should be awarded.. Guilds running off and not participating get their reward... Typically a target they do not get.. I believe rewards should be a bit more.. there is typically 600 700 mouths to feed so 5 rewards ..but not my decision.. let's say 3 guilds participate I believe all 3 should get something.. but with Tiers.. could be random for 1st and second as long as some minimal requirements met.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:54 PM
Aviak

I agree that the dark elf mask shouldn’t be given out as a reward.

It would be cool if there was an event where AoN drops. For example, every Halloween or Friday the 13th, giant undead mobs roam the Karanas. These mobs would be as difficult as Gwurms (require 3-6 players to kill) and AON would be one of the super rare items in their loot table.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Bounty system... except highly coveted raid targets are worth less. Mobs drop normal loot. You've got 4 hours... do you go for Vulak or Statue/AoW which are worth like 1 pt each, or do you slum it and kill Naggy and Vox for 5 pts each to try to win the big prize?

The big prize is of course "the guild of your choice is raid banned for a month."

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-16-2023, 06:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One more person getting a guise doesn't make your guise less cool.
Historically the server has rarely given out guises going back for almost a decade.

A few given out a year isn't gonna change its rarity all that much with how many people come and go from playing. Not to mention Guise + Manastone are the 2 items that most players dream about winning as legacy items as they have been given for the last 10 years because there has been a history of them being given out at such events. (Not just here, but on live also.)

There were also a long list of other items (All illusions) that were given out at gm events not just candy corn, that were taken away from players because a certain staff member at one point ruled it so, and removed those items and gave all those players guises instead. Even though the items he took away were historically accurate (Unlike the candy corn) to being given out at the events those players won them.

A separate example is I won a gnome potion from a GM event for finishing 3rd(1st and 2nd were a guise.) It had 99 charges on it, and It was changed out to 5 charge because players were so upset... about a expendable item?!?

No matter what, people will have differences in seeing eye to eye on what should be given out, and for what degree of effort.

Also if there is ever a server merge with green, Legacy items were much more farmed on green then they were on blue due to popularity of project1999 during both blue and greens relative eras. Something to consider when looking at the bigger picture.

I would even consider warder loot being an option to be earned by players under the right event, rarity, and method of distribution. (Warder loot is a different can of worms completely imo) I may be one of the only people with it, still playing on blue, who would even be willing to have this conversation for it.
Last edited by diamondfist; 03-16-2023 at 06:46 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Historically the server has rarely given out guises going back for almost a decade.

A few given out a year isn't gonna change its rarity all that much with how many people come and go from playing. Not to mention Guise + Manastone are the 2 items that most players dream about winning as legacy items as they have been given for the last 10 years because there has been a history of them being given out at such events. (Not just here, but on live also.)

There were also a long list of other items (All illusions) that were given out at gm events not just candy corn, that were taken away from players because a certain staff member at one point ruled it so, and removed those items and gave all those players guises instead. Even though the items he took away were historically accurate (Unlike the candy corn) to being given out at the events those players won them.

A separate example is I won a gnome potion from a GM event for finishing 3rd(1st and 2nd were a guise.) It had 99 charges on it, and It was changed out to 5 charge because players were so upset... about a expendable item?!?

No matter what, people will have differences in seeing eye to eye on what should be given out, and for what degree of effort.

Also if there is ever a server merge with green, Legacy items were much more farmed on green then they were on blue due to popularity of project1999 during both blue and greens relative eras. Something to consider when looking at the bigger picture.

I would even consider warder loot being an option to be earned by players under the right event, rarity, and method of distribution. (Warder loot is a different can of worms completely imo) I may be one of the only people with it, still playing on blue, who would even be willing to have this conversation for it.
I'm still here, if the event was rare and hard maybe. Not for just some random repop shit.