Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

yeah great law, only for criminals. I mean laws are never relatively interpreted to be used in an unintended manner! lol
Old 06-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

He had an active arrest warrant.

Criminals get searched. Deal with it.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 06-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Banned

lol at thinking illegal stop means anything

what planet do you live on?
Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

When I got to the illegal stop part I stopped reading and guffawed a bit out loud.

People get stopped for reasonable suspicion. Deal with it.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The law is meant to protect EVERYONE.
And it does in the manner that I described above. I should have said the law is not meant to protect criminality.

Unreasonable search and seizure remains prohibited. Why though should evidence obtained via an unreasonable search or seizure be excluded from other criminal proceedings. Have a brain, consider the intent of the ones who wrote the law. It was so soldiers couldn't come in and take your sack of grain on behalf of the government, not so they couldn't hang you if they found a severed head under your bed while illegally looking for grain.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

^

Pretty much the only bending of the constitution that I agree with off the top of my head. You said it best.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Banned

Problem is the law will be abused in some cases. Overall I am against more and more laws. Less freedom gets taken one step at a time
Old 06-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Hey police can stop anyone for anything at anytime just because they feel like it YAY for freedom, cuz police need even more impunity right? Because police haven't been known to abuse their power ever and have always been known to operate accordingly right? I'm sure whites will be stopped just as much as minorities right? Because we all know how fair the law is compared to whites and minorities right? Yay for more freedom erosion!!

Funny how these people republicans are always like CONSTITUTION CONSTITUTION LESS GOVERNMENT....except when its against what they want. ARGHH 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS BLAH BLAH but fuck the 4th amendment. LESS GOVERNMENT except when it comes to stopping people from smoking weed. Democrats are just as bad but at least they are consistent with their hypocrisy.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey police can stop anyone for anything at anytime just because they feel like it YAY for freedom, cuz police need even more impunity right? Because police haven't been known to abuse their power ever and have always been known to operate accordingly right? I'm sure whites will be stopped just as much as minorities right? Because we all know how fair the law is compared to whites and minorities right? Yay for more freedom erosion!!

Funny how these people republicans are always like CONSTITUTION CONSTITUTION LESS GOVERNMENT....except when its against what they want. ARGHH 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS BLAH BLAH but fuck the 4th amendment. LESS GOVERNMENT except when it comes to stopping people from smoking weed. Democrats are just as bad but at least they are consistent with their hypocrisy.
Exactly. Conservatism at it's best. Small government -and less intrusion , unless it's something we disagree with. AKA Gay Marriage , etc.

The agenda and hypocrisy with the ideology is gross. I can relate to the general philosophy of conservatism, as I lean toward it more , but overall I refuse to ever be called one , it's gross.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Yep. Also funny how they talk about the slippery slope with gun control. Any gun control is a slippery slope to CONFISCATING ALL OUR GUNS but eroding the 4th amendment doesn't have the same arguments. What's next they can come into our houses whenever they want for whatever they want?
Closed Thread