Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 03:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Please do not nerf quests that were in the timeline of EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha Yeah I am glad it was discovered, thanks p99.

I just ran it to see how fast you could repeat the quest and it is a complete 6 minuet round trip that's 35 plat an hour with nothing that could slow you down.

The time from launch to that patch is 7440 hours and if you ran that quest exclusively like a bot it would net you approx 260,400‬ Platinum lol

I am glad to have the knowledge of this power but none should wield it on green. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not a complaint, I just was wondering about the "meta" of P99 Green. If the meta is to capture what actually happened on Live EQ, this quest should be included. There are many items like manastone that were nerfed because they were OP. But those OP items are being included in P99 Green because they are part of the original timeline of Live EQ. If we include OP items, we should also include OP quests. This is to be consistent. IMHO, the meta should be recreating the historical EQ experience, including the OP items AND quests that were nerfed later.

What do you all think?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Basically what you would do in classic if you were "in the know" is make a druid or wizard, level up until you have bind/gate. Go do Neclo for several hours, with bind/gate you could make just under 100pp / hour. Once you had a sufficient amount of plat you go out to OoT and bind at the kiola merchant. Head back to kaladim and do Tumpy quest several thousand times, and hit lvl 40+ in a day. There are a few other exploitable quests, Verant didn't crack down on until it got super popular.

Later on they started disabling certain exploitable (mostly newbie) quests for the first couple weeks on new servers. You would see a quest NPC with an ! mark before their name. The NPCs didn't respond to their dialogue and would eat your items. After a week or two they would enable them again. This was their fix to stop the ebay sellers from doing the above (or other methods) and making a killing on brand new servers.

Two of the other big ones were the stew and debt quests in rivervale (iirc deputy tagil used to exist INSIDE rivervale and got moved outside in the first couple months, but I can't find proof that I'm remembering correctly on that one). Anyways you used to be able to drag the NPCs together and keep them there with a hail bot (later on snare) and make a macro to do ridiculously fast turn ins. Could get to 30s in a day in rivervale. I think they addressed this by making Blinza higher level and moving deputy tagil outside rivervale. Technically Blinza could still be dragged with several newbies sacrificing themselves to chain drag her to the guard.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

Overthere fear wall exploit between wall and ramp of Skyfire Mountains zone. Priceless.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

What about classic "free teleports" you know where you would glitch through the ground on purpose and get instantly teleported across certain large zones? Classic feature until december 1999 (12/6/99?) patch.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...Y/46omB0bCYFgJ

Also in above link/patch, Rain is linked in all Karana zones.

Also in above link/patch, high level guards are moved from top floor to bottom floor of tower in North Karana.

Will be have classically accurate tradeskilling? Profitable brewing at launch? Also, what about the great pie tin fiasco? Also very classic, Verant even told everyone about it if you played on the test server. Pie tin sketches changed in price from 1 silver to about 1.5 platinum.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...s/ielS2_r8TbcJ
Last edited by AbstractVision; 09-27-2019 at 05:38 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about classic "free teleports" you know where you would glitch through the ground on purpose and get instantly teleported across certain large zones? Classic feature until december 1999 (12/6/99?) patch.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...Y/46omB0bCYFgJ

Also in above link/patch, Rain is linked in all Karana zones.

Also in above link/patch, high level guards are moved from top floor to bottom floor of tower in North Karana.

Will be have classically accurate tradeskilling? Profitable brewing at launch? Also, what about the great pie tin fiasco? Also very classic, Verant even told everyone about it if you played on the test server. Pie tin sketches changed in price from 1 silver to about 1.5 platinum.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...s/ielS2_r8TbcJ
Ah saved so much time getting across sirens grotto to WW. Sit by wall and camp over and over till you were succored to the other side.

Classic
Old 09-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Overlookeed some other biggies in this hard to find patch.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...U/G4NBGfgWIAsJ

"All drops of steel weapons have been replaced with higher quality
fine-steel weapons of the same type. This change was made to reduce the
amount of new currency coming into the world at the mid-to-upper levels. The
fine-steel weapons are in all cases superior to the steel weapons that were
dropping, they just sell to vendors for less money."

Previously to 1/20/99 all fine steel was just steel and the value was ~21 plat per steel axe vs 4 plat for fine steel axe as seen here. This change should be global from the context of the patch notes, but I'm still investigating for further proof it was not selective to only Dwarven guards as outlined in the post below.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/doqMS5sQwEQJ

"Corrected a bug that allowed ships to move faster when disarmed"
Who doesn't want faster ships?

"All Wizard AoE damage and stun spells have had their radius slightly increased"
My first character was a wizard and I distinctly remembered the AoE spells being much more generous than on P99. Here is your proof finally, please add this to blue also. Medium sized mobs could be almost touching, not even close to stacked, and still all get hit.

"NPCs will now treat the "Cancel Magic" series of spells as hostile. Previously, NPCs did not mind if players dispelled all of their buffs before attacking. Now they will."
Prior to patch, all spell casting NPCs can be debuffed safely before engaging.

"The Levitate spell may now be refreshed while the spell is in use."
Prior to this patch levitation could not be recast without first landing on the ground.

"Also, the inhabitants of the Plane of Hate no longer fall for illusions, and tend to "Hate" everyone."
Prior to patch, certain illusions (wolf and elemental I suspect?) were non KoS in PoH.
Last edited by AbstractVision; 09-27-2019 at 06:55 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

Good luck w all that! My experience here has been that the staff don't like to implement any changes that benefit the player, even if said changes are truly "Classic."
Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

I guess for completeness and so it doesn't get lost I'll put this here too. Hum/Bar/Eru should start with *A Worn Candle, a weak light source.

Evidence it was in at launch.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=245972
Old 09-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Does anyone else remember if we started out with a few points already in our primary weapon skill? My memory is telling me that they were all zero and we had to use our starting training points to prime them before heading out for our first kill.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Honestly, this is the most interesting forum thread I have read in a long time.
Closed Thread