Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youre doing it wrong in ek

Pull a blue animal to the guard. Wait for it to get down to 20-30% hp. charm it and pull it away from guard. Break charm with hide/invis ring/invis spell and kill it off for full xp
Oh damn this is genius
Old 09-18-2018, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Druid just isn't clicking for me.

Part of the reason is I'm only level 15.

Part of the reason is I'm trying to solo.

I hear people and guides saying "Oh man, once you hit 14, go to East Karana and charm kite everything!".

No.

Not possible.

Most of the nearby wolves are yellow and red at 14.

You have an occasional blue. So you charm him and search for something to kill.

Maybe find a random green con? Send pet to attack. Pet kills green mob in two hits, charm breaks, and your ex-buddy chases you.

Spend 100% of mana nuking the mob down.

Med at bridge.

Repeat.

What gives?

Should I group until 20 or something?

I just recently hit 25, so some of this is still fresh.

I found soloing to be rough, with lots of downtime. The best exp you can find at your level is going to be oasis crocs. Try to duo or trio, as full groups are overkill in most cases. The reason I recommend at least to duo, is that you can charm and not worry about pet out damaging you.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pull a blue animal to the guard. Wait for it to get down to 20-30% hp. charm it and pull it away from guard. Break charm with hide/invis ring/invis spell and kill it off for full xp
This is really smart.

Any suggestions on other zones to do this in?
Old 09-19-2018, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

In the teens I grouped in Oasis as a healer or charmed crocs solo from 15ish until 21 or 22, then moved to charming low level animals in OT near the hill to the warsliks woods zoneline until 25. Then, did the highkeep goblins for 10 levels.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Also, if you have a bit of money, buy orc scalps and gob ears to hit 24 for ring of Feerrott, then bread quest for 10-15 levels.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Banned

I moved to Oasis where charm kiting was a little more friendly.

I got some practice in and it's a really nice way to level once you get a in groove.

I'm probably breaking charm early (around 40% hp), but I just throw a dot on each one after the break and they're dead.

Gonna move to EK and try the guard trick. That sounds awesome.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

In classic, a GM would have given you a vacation for that.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had Cate PL me till I was 34. Literally no idea how any gets a Druid to 34 w/o PL.
No, that's more like a wizard.

Druids can charm from the level they get it up until 60 if you know which animals to hunt. Easily some of the fastest leveling I've done on any class. With root neck it's nearly nonstop if you're efficient.

OP give it another level or 2, maybe find a partner or 2 to go to Kerra Isle with. You can charm the rats there which are monks(one of them is named and absolutely wrecks for that lvl). Some of the most fun I had on druid and the zone is totally empty. One thing to keep in mind while charm leveling is you don't need to be fighting 2 animals. In certain zones if the mobs are appropriate level to each other, I found it better to just charm one animal and use it to beat down a non animal and kill both for full xp.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

After you port someone, stay in group and follow them to their destination.

That's how I earn much of my xp on my wizard.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I must be missing something: why do it that way? You only get half the experience of charm fighting.

With charm fighting you send your charmed blue animal against another blue animal, wait until both are down to 20%-30%, and then get two kills of XP worth. With the guard you only get one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread