Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Default Plane of Hate emotes

https://web.archive.org/web/20010405...ML/000061.html

Quote:
I have removed the agro text from all upstairs Dark Elven NPCS, and adjusted awareness range outward a tad. Spam should be minimal now, but you won't know a NPC is mad at you until it smacks you.

Innoruuk can now see further, so be careful dancing with him now, he knows a few new steps.

Drop rates are meant to be fairly low on an individual basis, but in bulk the upstairs area yields pretty good loot. The patrolling NPCs have the lowest chance of loot, and some loot you can only get from the statics.

There is a core issue with this zone that creates the pathing problems and the ability to get whacked from above or below, as well as mystery healing.

The zone is one of our earlier creations, and the software used to create it was the same we used on all outdoor zones. The problem with that is, NPC collision detection through walls/floors is non-existent.

The 'new' area has been there since the zone first came up, but wasn't used due to the problems listed above.

With a few new tools to work with, we felt we could make the neglected real estate usable.

While I'm not totally satisfied with the pathing/vis issues, I am satisfied that the area is playable, though it requires a bit different play style than most Planar raids. I.E., you can't rely on a static camp and pullers there.

- Kendrick
No more spam by god.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Just kill the evangelist to stop the spam, although I don't think that's the spam this post is talking about? It sounds like this is aggro announcement emotes ("Hold still, this will only hurt for an eternity" from the abhorrents, for example) rather than the zone wide Hail Innoruuk spam.
Last edited by Bummey; 10-15-2018 at 02:19 AM..
Old 10-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just kill the evangelist to stop the spam, although I don't think that's the spam this post is talking about? It sounds like this is aggro announcement emotes ("Hold still, this will only hurt for an eternity" from the abhorrents, for example) rather than the zone wide Hail Innoruuk spam.
Was agro text from all upstairs Dark Elven NPCs
Old 10-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was agro text from all upstairs Dark Elven NPCs
And there isn't any aggro text from second floor elves on p99. I'm at a loss as to the purpose of this bug thread.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Could add agro text to elves before upstairs before posted date for accurate server, not sure if p99 ever had that. As well as adjust agro range of them and innoruuk as needed.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Thread was dual purpose I was unsure if they emoted which they do not. Second purpose was to provide a date for that change if devs cared to add some kind of rule change during progression.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread was dual purpose I was unsure if they emoted which they do not. Second purpose was to provide a date for that change if devs cared to add some kind of rule change during progression.
Tsk, tsk....

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=304881
Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey now I claim a disability exemption. Considering all of my characters are banned or deleted. Beat a man when he's down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]