Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:11 AM
Orc

Play what is fun for you. I will say though that the only class I do play is bard cause it's a class that is tremendously useful if you know how to use it. It's a class with virtually no down time in soloing and can eliminate downtimes in groups. The issue is that you have to activity play well all the time such as even during down times (mana+hp/mana pulse/mana pulse 3 song twist). A bard can pretty much round out any incomplete group in cc department, general buffs (hp+mana regen/haste/damage shield), resists, dps from charmed pets, holding aggro, snare/slowing mobs, fear kiting, etc. If you can play a bard effectively, you will get begged to join groups.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq is all about time investment and grinding, you guys should play something you truly enjoy so it doesn't feel like a grind
Old 12-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

I completely agree with Wagorf and others. If your buddy goes Pally, he actually brings more utility to the group on top of being the best tank for leveling. Your warrior friend can play like a berserker and hack mobs up pretty efficiently. Sounds like a fun group!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

After all the flip-flopping, he ended up going Monk and is having a blast with it. A fifth guy joined up and is playing rogue. We have been farming belts to boost him to catch up with us.

It's been awesome so far. Back on live, I played BL (originally druid) and my best friend played Pally. We were able to do some group content solo and played together a ton. But having a pocket group has been a totally new way to experience the game. It's awesome never having to really LFG.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Orc

Wizards are fine to have in a group.

Bard over shaman, but in the end, play what you like.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballaorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been awesome so far. Back on live, I played BL (originally druid) and my best friend played Pally. We were able to do some group content solo and played together a ton. But having a pocket group has been a totally new way to experience the game. It's awesome never having to really LFG.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread