Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am one of the luckiest people I know re VD/VT. I got my VT piece with a grand total of 0 time camping it, and my VD piece with one solid failed sock of like 6-8 hours and 2-3 weeks of watching timers and checking him every time I logged on.

Still missing hate, Felia, and Kindle, but I should be epiced up soon.
Last summer I started to try and sock for verina/vessel. After about a 2-3 months of (rather feeble) attempts, I realized.. I don't have the attention span to do that camp. At all. Trying to keep up with timers, trying to beg people to have toons parked there... i'd rather be doing ANYTHING else. Right around this time, I made full member in AM, and my first purchase with DKP was a Z-heart. I was 100% content with having z-heart over epic.

2 weeks later, we're raid suspended, it's pretty late, no surprise as I'm a pretty bad insomniac. Global message that the server is shutting down in 15 min is broadcasted. I figured what the hell, I might as well park my enchanter at Verina, maybe I can at least get 1 of the pieces. Although admittedly, I knew that even if i had one piece, it could be literal years before I forced myself to get the other. Branamuffin parked his bard in Neriak with me in case the server was repopped when it came back up.

Server comes back up, and Verina is popped! We get a pet and engage. It's kind of a tight fight, but it's going well. At least 4-5 other small groups show up while were killing her.

We get her down to about... 30%, and the Calvary shows up seemingly out of no where. I asked in guild chat if anybody else wanted to help me with Verina.. I think I got 1 or 2 answers like "sure i'll try to make it" but honestly I didn't expect anyone to show up.. especially that quick. Somebody on the guild druid, a torp sham (i want to say Orgot), and Fifield on his warrior appear. We take down Verina and I loot. I'm ecstatic! They suggest we get our asses over to vessel. I was 99.95% sure that vessel would already be down.

The guild druid ports us over to EJ, and we make haste to vessel. Fifield was the first person to make it, and he was ahead of us by about 2 minutes, but an enchanter and druid were there. The enchanter already had a pet and was buffing it.

Fifield, like a complete boss, decides that he's just going to engage vessel and hope we make it. He tanks the bastard for around 2 minutes by himself with no heals before we got there. We kill vessel, I loot.. completely flabbergasted. No fucking way i just got vessel and verina done in 10 minutes. (Fun fact, the enchanter, Mawa, was so pissed at his own guild for not helping/so impressed with the way we mobilized that he app'd to us about 3 days after)

So what do we do? We check Tangrin, the other mob that on the vessel/verina pop window. Kill him too.

I looted the 3 pieces of the enchanter epic, that have caused many players to quit the game, and many other players to go practically insane trying to camp, in roughly 20 minutes.

Now, I was super motivated to get the epic done!

The following 7 days, i swear to god, it felt like i spent 10 hours a day just trying to complete the rest of the epic quest. That has to be one of the most time consuming quests in MMO history. And I got super, super lucky. Even on the very last piece I got super lucky. Since our guild is never in hate, I would constantly try and check if other guilds were up there, and try to buy the loot rights from them. Well, the first time somebody actually got back to me, Runyan from paradigm shift messages me and says hey the piece is here rotting.. corpse expires in 5 minutes. And.. what do you know.. I was in a group with A WIZARD THAT HAD A HATE STONE ON HIM. Wtf are the chances??

That doesn't really answer the question though. My answer is sleep. I've probably taken 2 years off my life, going months on end sleeping 1-4 hours a night. That's not entirely EQ's fault... but EQ sure as fuck didn't help. No game eats hours the way EQ does.
Last edited by Twochain; 05-31-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

turned down a firm booty call last weekend to take advantage of bonus xp

I'm going to die alone
Old 05-31-2018, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last summer I started to try and sock for verina/vessel. After about a 2-3 months of (rather feeble) attempts, I realized.. I don't have the attention span to do that camp. At all. Trying to keep up with timers, trying to beg people to have toons parked there... i'd rather be doing ANYTHING else. Right around this time, I made full member in AM, and my first purchase with DKP was a Z-heart. I was 100% content with having z-heart over epic.

2 weeks later, we're raid suspended, it's pretty late, no surprise as I'm a pretty bad insomniac. Global message that the server is shutting down in 15 min is broadcasted. I figured what the hell, I might as well park my enchanter at Verina, maybe I can at least get 1 of the pieces. Although admittedly, I knew that even if i had one piece, it could be literal years before I forced myself to get the other. Branamuffin parked his bard in Neriak with me in case the server was repopped when it came back up.

Server comes back up, and Verina is popped! We get a pet and engage. It's kind of a tight fight, but it's going well. At least 4-5 other small groups show up while were killing her.

We get her down to about... 30%, and the Calvary shows up seemingly out of no where. I asked in guild chat if anybody else wanted to help me with Verina.. I think I got 1 or 2 answers like "sure i'll try to make it" but honestly I didn't expect anyone to show up.. especially that quick. Somebody on the guild druid, a torp sham (i want to say Orgot), and Fifield on his warrior appear. We take down Verina and I loot. I'm ecstatic! They suggest we get our asses over to vessel. I was 99.95% sure that vessel would already be down.

The guild druid ports us over to EJ, and we make haste to vessel. Fifield was the first person to make it, and he was ahead of us by about 2 minutes, but an enchanter and druid were there. The enchanter already had a pet and was buffing it.

Fifield, like a complete boss, decides that he's just going to engage vessel and hope we make it. He tanks the bastard for around 2 minutes by himself with no heals before we got there. We kill vessel, I loot.. completely flabbergasted. No fucking way i just got vessel and verina done in 10 minutes. (Fun fact, the enchanter, Mawa, was so pissed at his own guild for not helping/so impressed with the way we mobilized that he app'd to us about 3 days after)

So what do we do? We check Tangrin, the other mob that on the vessel/verina pop window. Kill him too.

I looted the 3 pieces of the enchanter epic, that have caused many players to quit the game, and many other players to go practically insane trying to camp, in roughly 20 minutes.

Now, I was super motivated to get the epic done!

The following 7 days, i swear to god, it felt like i spent 10 hours a day just trying to complete the rest of the epic quest. That has to be one of the most time consuming quests in MMO history.

That doesn't really answer the question though. My answer is sleep. I've probably taken 2 years off my life, going months on end sleeping 1-4 hours a night. That's not entirely EQ's fault... but EQ sure as fuck didn't help. No game eats hours the way EQ does.
That’s a pretty awesome story. My VT story is similar - I was in NFP and just checked Neriak C /who. I saw 2-3 50+ enchanters, logged over to my tracker, saw her up, and logged back. By the time I got to Neriak C a guildie has already ported over, and was about to engage her. I got a pet and we finished her off as others arrived to help. I think the other encs wiped.

I had parked my chanter for VD this end-of month EQ on Monday, ready to go in case it happened when I could be there. About 30-45 minutes after I checked, a guildie enc said he was up. We agreed to duo and /rand for the piece. I logged in and was prepared to engage if anyone showed up, but waited til the guildie got it. With a duo, the encounter was trivial. I did shit bricks while I hit /Rand though.
Last edited by Baylan295; 05-31-2018 at 10:53 AM..
Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

l never skipped work or college. I did lose alot of sleep with some late night tracking and poopsocking during kunark and early velious though.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-31-2018, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

A flight, a job interview, an exam, showering for three weeks straight.

Scute shields don't grow on trees.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Back on live during Luclin, I was a 59 shaman racing another 59 shaman to 60 in order to claim the guild's only copy of Malo. He would ask every day how far I was. I would give some vague reply about how poorly I was getting xp and painfully slow 59 was.

The truth was I took a week's vacation from work to solo grind. I beat him.

Then I found out there was no copy of Malo. :-/
Old 05-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back on live during Luclin, I was a 59 shaman racing another 59 shaman to 60 in order to claim the guild's only copy of Malo. He would ask every day how far I was. I would give some vague reply about how poorly I was getting xp and painfully slow 59 was.

The truth was I took a week's vacation from work to solo grind. I beat him.

Then I found out there was no copy of Malo. :-/
Harsh!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Banned

Good thread OP.

I think beyond the normal "i missed some classes" and "I called in sick to work a couple of times at the peak of my addiction" I have 2 real GEWD 1s.

#1: I have definitely turned down sex for EQ multiple times. One time in college, my gf showed up at my door unexpectedly. I was camping something in Seb. I told her to fuck off and didn't even let her in my apartment.

#2 Work had just ended and I was packing up to leave. Suddenly my batphone went off. WE'RE GOIN FOR GORENAIRE. At this time, i was also controlling tranix and Drusella timers with my fellow degenerate neckbeard. I literally jumped back to my desk and whipped out my laptop in front of the entire company and stayed there for 2 hours straight.

Funnily, once I explained to my boss what I was doing, he totally understood. he was like "oh wow I did not understand the significance."

i'm now a director at that company
Old 05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

I skipped the entire weekend with my family LOL. Since there was an XP bonus last weekend I decided to play a lot of EQ as I was 58 and trying to get to 60. So I logged in Friday morning at 9 am and got upper bears camp in permafrost. I soloed that camp non-stop till midnight and then I set my alarm for 5 am and went to bed. Saturday I wake up at 5 am and claim upper bears camp again. At 4 pm I yell "Ding 59". I continue to keep this camp down until 1 am. I set the alarm for 5 am and go to sleep. I get up at 5 am Sunday and grind the upper bears camp all day and night till midnight. I set the alarm for 5 am and got up Monday morning and started killing upper bears camp again.

At 1 PM Monday I yelled "Ding 60". So I did nothing all weekend but play this God forsaken game. I got 60 though :P

And maybe my wife and kids will forgive me and speak to me this weekend, LOL
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 06-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

I am out of college but I go back to work for the college in a part-time capacity as a hired judge for the debate program. We are at a tournament down in the Dallas-Forth Worth area and on the second day of the tournament I ended up passing on a ballot because of Vox.

I get to the tournament early in the morning and all of round 1 and round 2 are assigned. I have a round 2 ballot but not a round 1 ballot. I ask the judges table will you need me round 1; they say no. I then go find the tournament director and she tells me that all the ballots are out so I am not needed. Go to the judges lounge, setup the laptop, fire up ventrillo, log in my 52 bard and start tracking Vox who is late in window. Vox pops and we start mobilizing and that is when the tournament director comes over and starts telling me how someone took a judges ballot but the judge no-showed and won't answer their phone. I tell her sorry but I have already promised 20 some people in this video game that I would help them. The tournament director was mad, the debate coach was mad, everyone in the judges lounge was confused but Vox died.
Closed Thread