Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Default Peolpe who have purchase Bio Orbs... how are you doing!?

Bio orb didn't seem to be in super high demand about a year ago but a lot of high end monks had them for pulling and some high end tanks had them as an aggro tool.

Then one day Kelzaraz, monk legend, posts a video of himself solo'ing King camp and highlights some of the nifty tricks the bio orb allows him to pull off and demand goes through the roof, Bio orbs jump in price about 50% and they're constantly sought after.

So, those of you who dropped some coin on a Bio Orb - how has it impacted you, how have you used it, was it worth it? Or does it just sit in your inventory 95% of the time?

Thanks,
Old 08-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks can solo king with Bio orb?!
Just because Kelz can does not mean others can.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bioluminescent_Orb for anyone else who didn't know what they were talking about. :3

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

I got to borrow one once on my monk at it was nice. Very very nice
<The Second Sons>
Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got to borrow one once on my monk at it was nice. Very very nice
It allows you to single pull pretty reliably, correct?
Old 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

You can only pull what doesn't commonly resist spells, but Bio Orb is easily one of the funnest items in the game. Want a mob? Just click it and flop, and it'll flail around like an idiot alone, into the arms of your murderous group. It doesn't let you "solo King", it just lets you single pull him easier if you know the positioning.

Shortly after getting mine, I used it to pull a dwarf for a quest out of a bar in Thurgadin. I blind him and flop, and he just starts barreling down the entire zone alone. Well, apparently aggroing him also fires off a script, so as he's screaming out the door all of the dwarves in the bar vanish and emotes start firing off about how they're all leaping into trap doors to escape from the wrath of the Bio Orb.

Fun stuff. I don't really remember seeing the price spike, though.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I raised the price very hard on them. Could see the sneak nerf coming so bought every single one up. Shot the price up from 40-100k almost overnight after patch day. Good times. Already used it to solo Drusella/Emp/and spore king but im not a video guy so kudos to Kelz doing it year later in BIS gear.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It allows you to single pull pretty reliably, correct?
Yes, it makes single pulling a breeze, often sending the blinded mobs right into the eager arms of your group. Just blind then hit FD immediately, and off goes the mob.

Its also nice as a monktank to not worry if your enchanter has rooted mezzed mobs. Can just blind then crush, knowing that it will stay right with you.
<The Second Sons>
Old 08-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raised the price very hard on them. Could see the sneak nerf coming so bought every single one up. Shot the price up from 40-100k almost overnight after patch day. Good times. Already used it to solo Drusella/Emp/and spore king but im not a video guy so kudos to Kelz doing it year later in BIS gear.
Sounds like you look in mirrors a lot, but kudos to you.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pretty cool. I haven’t seen someone solo emp yet but I’m getting very close. I just need to make another 100k or so.
Closed Thread