Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

Default Seeking Rez Inside Permafrost Bear Pits

I finally decided to check out the Permafrost Bear Pits cause I've seen the videos and heard how great the XP can be. So I tried it and I was able to charm and take out 2 bears without any problems. I decide to try it again and every charm and root would break within 5 seconds of casting or my regular spell casting kept getting interrupted.

I'm asking for a big job because I know it's a pain getting in, around and into the Pits. I'm hoping someone has a Cleric parked in Permafrost to make it a little easier and of course, a generous donation and port to any Druid ring zone is offered on the table.

Thank you...
Old 10-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Send me a tell in game on Tuluven, I'll get you. You'll have to pick me up in WC though.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for all your help Tuluven. I hope I won't be needing your services again anytime soon...
Old 10-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

I am curious, what level are you currently?

What video did you watch?

GL on your Rez quest Tuluven!
Old 10-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

my advice is be prepared to eat some deaths learning the ins and outs of the bear pits. I went from 54.5 to 60 there on a druid, and part of the process was eating a bunch of deaths to learn what works and what doesn't, and what to do for the most success.

You will die if you camp the bear pits, it's just a fact, but the exp is so good, it's usually worth it to just eat your corpse and keep going, you'll make that exp back in an hour, 2 max. And if someone has a cleric parked there, it's just a bonus.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Banned

Posts like this make me nervous about bringing my druid there.

Prob gonna check it out at 53 anyway.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my advice is be prepared to eat some deaths learning the ins and outs of the bear pits. I went from 54.5 to 60 there on a druid, and part of the process was eating a bunch of deaths to learn what works and what doesn't, and what to do for the most success.

You will die if you camp the bear pits, it's just a fact, but the exp is so good, it's usually worth it to just eat your corpse and keep going, you'll make that exp back in an hour, 2 max. And if someone has a cleric parked there, it's just a bonus.
Eating exp deaths is an intrinsic and unavoidable part of learning to play Druid good. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Bear pits are amazing and part of the druid experience. Its rowdy down there. My tips:

1. Duo is 5x safer than solo, and you dont have to kill pets for max exp. Players who want to press the issue can force your duo to pick top pits or bottom pits though which forces you to break up your duo to keep them both.

2. If you are new, or lower than level 57-58, duo even if it means worse exp so you can learn the area and spawns.

3. Never haste or buff your pet. Someone else will convince you to try it, and you will regret it. Even in a duo with two 59s haste isnt worth the risk. Thorns are only exception, always use this.

4. If you die, leave a corpse to get rezzed, clerics do come through sometimes. Minimum rez tip = 250pp imo. If you find a cleric parked there, tip them a fortune so they will come back when you die.

5. Pulling the terrors or anything from up the ladder is pros only.

6. If your guild is socking vox be aware of any server rules about exping in zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am curious, what level are you currently?

What video did you watch?

GL on your Rez quest Tuluven!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=visb_rkLiqw

This is the one I used. Watching videos ruins immersion but getting down there is serious business.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. Never haste or buff your pet. Someone else will convince you to try it, and you will regret it. Even in a duo with two 59s haste isnt worth the risk. Thorns are only exception, always use this.
This. I died a handful of times in several levels there. It was always to a hasted pet that resisted 2-3 roots in a row. Since stopping my use of haste, I haven't died once.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

moving to just snare your pet and haste/buff it
Closed Thread