Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Each of the ADD subtypes has its own set of symptoms as a result of the abnormal blood flow patterns in the brain, but for the most part, they all share the same core symptoms.

Core Symptoms of ADD

A short attention span for regular, routine, everyday tasks (homework, chores, etc.)
Distractibility
Organization problems (like having a disorganized room and/or always running late)
Procrastination
Problems with follow-through
Poor impulse control (saying or doing something before thinking it through

Inattentive ADD is the second most common type of ADD. Those suffering with this type are usually quiet, more introverted and appear to daydream a lot. They may be labeled as unmotivated—even slow or lazy. Inattentive ADD is common but is often missed because children with this type tend to have fewer behavioral problems. They don’t draw the negative attention to themselves as do those with Classic ADD.

Common Symptoms in Inattentive ADD Include:

Trouble focusing
Easily distracted
Disorganized
Poor follow through
Trouble listening when others talk to them
Problems with time management
Tendency to lose things
Making careless mistakes; poor attention to detail
Forgetfulness
Excessive daydreaming
Complaints of being bored
Appearing unmotivated or apathetic
Being tired, sluggish or slow moving
Appearing “spacey” or preoccupied
Inattentive ADD is the perfect example of why the general term “ADHD” does not fit all ADD types. If clinicians and parents are looking for hyperactivity to reach a diagnosis, those with this type, which is absent of hyperactivity, may be left untreated and go on living life below their true potential.

Inattentive ADD SPECT scan findings show normal activity at rest, but during concentration there tends to be decreased activity in the underside of the prefrontal cortex, cerebellum and basal ganglia.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

I’m a good listener but every single other thing applies.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:53 AM
Banned

i contemplate an amphetamine scrip every year. if i wasnt a teeth grindr wood be all over it
Old 11-29-2018, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grindr
heh
Old 11-29-2018, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Most doctors write Vyvanse now. It's amphetamine bound to some amino acid so it slowly gets released throughout the day instead of one massive hit that fades in 4 hours requiring another dose

I was on it and it helped me immensely in medical school. I used the same dose the entire time.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Banned

Physiopharmaceutical Augmentation

Going for WiB myself personally. What's not to like about decreased pain response and explosive self termination?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also the Dragon Tooth nanotech sword!
Last edited by Irulan; 11-29-2018 at 09:51 AM..
Old 11-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

And just got ADHD diagnosis, yay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just curious what you guys have done to help with this.

Years ago during my freshman year of college, I was in a pinch to finish a semesters worth of creative writing assignments in 3 days. It was like 100 pages worth of content.

Of course i was supposed to be working on this as i went along, but i put it off, and was about to throw in the towel, but a girl i knew had some Adderall she sold to me. I cant remember the dosage, but it worked so well that i sat down at 2pm in the afternoon on a Friday and worked until 6 am in the morning on Saturday. I was in a non stop focused state and was able to slam it out without any distractions. It was the last time i took it, i felt like it could be addictive, but mostly felt like i was cheating/cutting corners by taking it.

Looking back i wonder if i was wrong. I wonder if Adderall would have had much of a negative effect at all. Ive been able to do pretty well career wise, but its still been a struggle to stay focused. i find myself spending more time trying to keep myself on task then actually accomplishing the task. If you havent experienced what i am talking about, you just wouldnt understand.

Anyway, now i am thinking of leaving my current job to start a business of my own. I know it will require a great deal of focus and dedication. Adderall tempts me as i feel like i can accomplish weeks worth of work in just a few hours.

Thanks for reading Questers
Society suffers from this, becasue of the internet. Until world war 3 happens and we re-boot society, we will continue to protect people who have genes that allow them to become distracted instead of having a strong work ethic being how you survive.

After the war we will continue our progress towards the super human our evolution wants us to become.

But for now we are stuck in this phase where the least valuable people have created a system that protects and elevates them above the most valuable people.

So dont feel bad, try to help push the world towards the brink of war as best you can, and hold onto your butt!
Old 11-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just got ADHD diagnosis, yay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be careful Cec: ADHD is extremely easy to misdiagnose.

Source: There was literally just an article in the news yesterday about how kids born in a certain month were diagnosed with ADHD far more. Was it because being born in that month gives you ADHD? No, it's because that month is the cut-off point for school entry. In other words, the youngest kids in each class were diagnosed with ADHD far more than others, but it wasn't because they had more ADHD, it was because they were younger kids acting their age (as is 100% normal).

Also, I was diagnosed (by a therapist I'd seen for several years) with ADHD at the end of high school. Went to college with Adderall, and at first I was like "this is great, I can finally be productive". But then the side effects began to get to me, so I stopped taking it.

Fast forward to my senior year of college, when I had my first true manic episode, wound up in a mental hospital, and learned that I had Bipolar, not ADHD. If anything the Adderall was making my condition worse, not better, so it's a good thing I stopped taking it.

Even with Bipolar drugs I'm still not perfectly productive. I have many days when I want to do something, but just don't have the motivation to do so, and I know that I could pop an Adderall and be productive. But that would just make me more likely to have Bipolar swings, and what I really need to do is instead deal with the depression that looks extremely like ADHD but is caused by a different underlying condition. I need to clean, or exercise, or meditate, not pop a pill (and then go to bed at my normal bedtime that night).

Not saying that you don't have ADHD; you very well might. And whether you do or not, I'm not saying that taking Adderall is the wrong solution: it's a really good drug for motivating you. I'm just saying be careful: this your brain, literally the thing that defines who you are as a person. You don't want to fuck it up, and Adderall can make things feel better when its actually making them worse (just like speed, which it is fairly similar to).

P.S. But at the same time, when it comes to mental health, you can't self-diagnose, so you do need to trust mental health professionals like the one that diagnosed you. I'm just saying, keep in mind that they're fallible humans too, and don't just think "I 100% have ADHD and it's perfectly fine to take as much Adderall as I want", think "I've been diagnosed with this thing, and I'm going to follow the doctors advice on drugs ... but also be skeptical/cynical and monitor myself too."

P.P.S. If you do have ADHD, Driven to Distraction is a great book. It will convince just about anyone who reads it that they have ADHD, because it describes the very generic symptoms very broadly, but it's also full of helpful ideas.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-29-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Banned

Cecily doesn't want antidepressants. She wants speeeeeed.

I don't blame her.

Godspeed...
Closed Thread