Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing Gatmanno my druid pirate almost continuously since I started P99. almost three years in I have one alt that isn't just adventuring infrastructure for him to use, and most of the time I play her I'm wishing I was playing Gatmanno instead.

druid is a very creatively and socially demanding class. they're designed as a "jack of all trades" class, but effectively scale to "sufficiently good at all trades," and their gearing choice between a support druid emphasizing mana versus a charm druid emphasizing tank is probably the most dramatic in everquest. so is their power ceiling. your average joe druid is basically a port-and-potg bot, scaling up with appropriate gear and tactics to where a druid can solo the entire Kael arena or out-dps a rogue while performing multiple other roles. it's hard not to fall in love with that kind of raw potential.

as a druid you need little to nothing while people constantly need things from you. small and big. you also have incredible quality of life. get bored, or everything is camped? port somewhere else. group need a rep? pick them up. poor? money rains like manna from the heavens relative to your level and power almost immediately: selling ports, binding in camp and porting to vendor, powerleveling.

the main downside is really that seven years of Kunark, an expansion where druids objectively suck relatively large amounts of ass, has created an attitude that druids just suck relatively large amounts of ass in general that you need to overcome on a personal reputation basis. which isn't really that hard since velious druids are objectively very powerful, but it's somewhat demotivating at first and an obstacle all the same.
This very much.

Druid is a fun, fun, fun class.

Esp. once you get their clickies going.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Banned

DRU especially fun on PvP
saved me from perma /rquit after hitting 31 on Troll SK and not seeing XP bar go up back in 2012
Old 09-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

More than I am with your spelling
Old 09-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

I have 6 epics with access to 4 more, safe to say I'm content with my time spent on p99.