Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Banned

Z-heart + pre nerf CoS for sure, maybe a bio orb for fun?

Rest of it would be as much hp / mana you can acquire...Orb of infinite void, +65 hp rings, +mana/hp ears and neck, etc.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

I'm getting the feeling zheart is like 100k+.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting the feeling zheart is like 100k+.
Yeah I thought I mentioned earlier
This is like a 120k minimum item and can go up to 160k from a real ec fat cat

So if it's really worth paying that much then sure it's cool but your epic at 46 would be much cooler I promise
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I thought I mentioned earlier
This is like a 120k minimum item and can go up to 160k from a real ec fat cat

So if it's really worth paying that much then sure it's cool but your epic at 46 would be much cooler I promise
120k min?? You've gotta be crapping on my butt. Fat cats can even upcharge even more??? I was thinking of farming and saving my plat but wow maybe not.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
120k min?? You've gotta be crapping on my butt. Fat cats can even upcharge even more??? I was thinking of farming and saving my plat but wow maybe not.
I feel like this is probably the disconnect on why I say this item isnt worth it unless you just "happen upon" it.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-28-2019, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like this is probably the disconnect on why I say this item isnt worth it unless you just "happen upon" it.
I knew it was going to be up there in price. At least 50k. I didnt think it would be more than double what I thought.

I would still love one but I'd rather get epic and other gear first before committing to it. 120k is enough to get some very nice gear.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

5 regen per tick is worth a lot more at lower levels than at higher. I'd definitely consider z-heart at lvl 1. It also has some nice stats. But yeah in terms of value for money /shrug

I'd say that the most important stuff is Pre-nerf CoS and jboots. I looted my Holgresh Elder Beads at level 47 and I also personally feel like they added a LOT of QoL to my leveling experience. But at the price they're at now I'm not sure I'd be able to convince myself of their worth.

I'd also say hang on to about 100-120k and buy epic once you get to 46 or 50. The extra free dmg at lvl 50 is super nice for leveling.

Other than that the necro has a pretty nutty spell book so you won't get a HUGE boost from most gear as the bulk of your power comes from your spells. Hp/mana stuff for sure but I wouldn't go splashing 100s of k on Ntov shoulders or anything like that.

There's a list of nodrop items from raid targets that I think matter greatly but aside from getting lucky on buying loot rights you probably won't be able to buy those but will have to earn them through raids. Among others in no particular order:

Bone Bracelet of Condemnation
Shissar Seance/Deathspeaker Staff
Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia

Another thing: I recently got a Boneshear which I've yet to actually test out. It doesn't proc until lvl 44 but that might be worth something to you also.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Boneshear is interesting. We have low dexterity so you’re looking at around 1 bone chip per minute while meleeing (ie not medding and also not sitting which results in no hp regen). For a 60 iksar necro you effectively give up 200 mana and 60 hp per bone chip. It goes for stupidly a stupidly high price to boot.

25k buys you 2.5k stacks of bone chips .... 50,000 bone chips. Assuming a necro has 100 or less dex and uses Boneshear exclusively for the proc it’ll take you around 50,000 minutes (833 hours; nearly 35 days) of meleeing just to break even on the investment. 50,000 minutes meleeing put another way (at least as a 60 iksar) is giving up 10,000,000 mana in lost meditation and 3,000,000 hp in lost sitting regen.

Assuming you’re just root rotting 10,000,000 mana at a 5dmg per mana averaged with higher level mobs? 50,000,000 points of killing power. If you simply pretend each mob you kill has a whopping 8,000 hp? Well that’s 6250 level 50 mobs (187,500 xp per) to the tune of 1,171,875,000 xp. 1.17 billion in lost xp just from the mana you lost out while meditating.

An iksar necro needs only 673 million to go from 1 to capped 60 and will never use 50k bone chips. In the time it takes you to make up the 498 million zip difference you could sac a level 59 121 times. Sold at 200 a pop thats 24.3k ... all for cheap bone chips you don’t need.

Neat item but the proc is a neat parlor trick at best. It’s not worth the price. If I had one I’d sell it to some poor sucker who realized it’s garbage other than the stats.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Or does it proc a full stack of bone chips? If so that’s be cool.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or does it proc a full stack of bone chips? If so that’s be cool.
Procs full stack I'm told. Have yet to test it. Will do so once I get online and confirm it here unless someone else beats me to it.
Closed Thread