Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Duo with an ench or necro was great from 39 to low 50s, then I used Upheaval in bard kites. With res for the times a kite would go wrong, any lost time was quickly made up and I got my cleric and some friends to 60 quick and easy.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

The most impressive aspect of the enchanter is how powerful they are with barely any gear. With a full spellbook, 3k worth of gear, a wand of allure, and reaper of the dead there are very few fights an enchanter can’t solo.
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 09-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

If the enchanter is good all he needs for help is sow and malo from shaman that sets shaman apart from any other duo. Thinking of green also... at lvl 9 a sham ench will have a big advantage over cleric enchanter. Probably for many levels... cleric ench is good but shaman ench played well can't be beat

I'm really shocked by page 3 no one has mention malo... or even sow not like everyone will have jboots on green

Added plus troll shaman can snare

I may be wrong on this but for exping is it not better to kill pet after 5+ mobs and start fresh over complete healing? End game camps/raids is different. Even then I remember enchanter breaking and membluring to allow pet to regen to full health instead of healing if they are good
Last edited by hillgiantchamp; 09-17-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Banned

-mr items on pet + SoW pots

zzz cleric still winning in duo with Enchanter
Old 09-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm really shocked by page 3 no one has mention malo..
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] everyone knows about malo lol its like not mentioning that a cleric has stun which provides far more help than malo when your cleric is duoing with you, and you're not boxing your partner.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

If it means anything, I dont even feel like a cleric provides me enough benefit to bother splitting loot or rolling against.

I would prefer a cleric over druid and shaman if forced to duo
I would prefer a druid over a shaman if cleric wasnt an option.

Danth nailed it with cleric. It's just conveniant to have your pet get fully healed instead of doing ghetto heals. Their buffs stack better with yours unlike shaman. Stun will save me way more than a couple heals will.

Druid is less conveniant but can still heal an int caster. DS is really nice to increase kill time. They get potg which is almost as good as aego. They can charm given the right zones which is huge. And they can port me when we pack it up for the night.

Shaman is basically just slowing for me which I mean .. I can do it myself. Malo is cool but charm is random so who cares.
They can give me 1 useful buff excluding sow because nothing worthwhile spawns outside and fos doesnt stack with magi or bedlam. Dot dps is typically not desired when mezzing is a concern. Sure you can TOT tap them but I can do that to literally any class who is willing to sit there afk.

Shaman isnt a bad duo duo but just know that they are providing very little benefit to you and probably dont deserve an equal roll of the loot.
Shit I wouldnt even offer the cleric a roll so hopefully he just needs xp
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-17-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also clearly don’t know how to use the ToT trick with enchanter shaman. The duel and ToT on shamans mana (which is basically unlimited with torp/canni) keeps the enchanters mana almost full constantly. Yeah torp slows down dps, but it’s mana efficient and really only needs to be used during downtime as long as the mob is slowed. So if having CH is all you can use to “win” this argument, you have no mind for the dynamics of EQ
Can someone elaborate on this? I feel like we've got one guy saying "y'all aren't doing Shaman/Enchanter right", and a bunch of people saying "but Cleric/Enchanter rocks!" .. but no one's really talking about his point that ToT + Duel + Shaman = limitless mana for the Enchanter.

Is it that limitless mana isn't useful to Enchanters? They only need so much, and beyond that extra doesn't help? Or does it help, and it's just that stuns/CH helps more?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah... Cleric>Shaman as a duo partner and I don't think it's that close. First of all, enchanters have the highest skill gap out of any class, possibly out of any mmorpg. (Bards too). So the effectiveness of the duo relies on how good the enchanter is first and foremost.

Second, at the absolute height of enchanter power, you're dropping 15k worth of gear on your pet, with the conflag dagger, tola robe, etc. Even if you're a best in slot enchanter, that pet will probably 3 shot you. Making clerics stun WAY more valuable than anything a shaman can do. A shaman can't even keep you healed through a pet break like that.

Third, if you're running out of mana... you're doing something wrong? I mean I guess if you're in an area with ZERO caster mobs you're going to be SoL.... but I never have mana issues. You don't even need to slow mobs if you have a pet that does 250dps. Just CH's. Saving your mana for pet breaks.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone elaborate on this? I feel like we've got one guy saying "y'all aren't doing Shaman/Enchanter right", and a bunch of people saying "but Cleric/Enchanter rocks!" .. but no one's really talking about his point that ToT + Duel + Shaman = limitless mana for the Enchanter.

Is it that limitless mana isn't useful to Enchanters? They only need so much, and beyond that extra doesn't help? Or does it help, and it's just that stuns/CH helps more?
You can easily ToT a cleric with c2. They’re still a better duo partner. Stun command, ch, and Aego are just too OP.

Most powerful duo - cleric/enchanter
fastest leveling duo - enc/druid or enc/necro
Old 09-17-2019, 12:37 PM
Kobold

If enchanters can solo anything why does it matter what the best duo is? Obviously ench/shaman can kill anything just as easily, if slightly slower. Most convenient would surely take prevalence then when all other classes are dead weight to God.

Ports/evac & Ensnare on everything + the charmed pet is super convenient, especially for bad enchanters. I suppose you could say rez is convenient too, but exclusively for bad enchanters.
Closed Thread