Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Developer

Default You knew you were addicted to EQ when...

I want to hear your sad stories of the height of your addiction, if ever.

Mine would be in 2000. I was in 8th grade and I used to print out the complete spell list and bring it to school and dream about reaching those levels. I also used to get up an hour early to play from 6-7am before class. It was also the first time I stayed up all night to play.

I even installed EQ in my journalism class and played during downtime and got classmates to play. Lol. I was obsessed and it was sad lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

/played
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

I remember being at my grandma's sleeping on couch [This was age 12 or something] and telling myself that 20+ is going to be really slow for exp but all my friends had to do it, I know I can!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

I remember when I stopped talking to my dad for 2 weeks when he shut off his account. ***** I was pissed.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Day 1 of logging into EQ I left the good old counter strike and tribes 1 behind. Anyone remember those games? Each one addicting in their own right...

Anyways, I first made a high elf enchanter and after an hour or so of figuring out how to get things going my first target was a real life player, some dwarf. I assumed he was just another NPC I could kill but NOPE. It shocked me how fast I died. He put me in my place pretty quickly. After I got cursed out from him in tells, I made a dark elf and never looked back <evil grin>.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Day 1 of logging into EQ I left the good old counter strike and tribes 1 behind. Anyone remember those games? Each one addicting in their own right...

Anyways, I first made a high elf enchanter and after an hour or so of figuring out how to get things going my first target was a real life player, some dwarf. I assumed he was just another NPC I could kill but NOPE. It shocked me how fast I died. He put me in my place pretty quickly. After I got cursed out from him in tells, I made a dark elf and never looked back <evil grin>.
CS 1.6 is pretty fun still. Lots of people still play it.

Tribes on the other hand.. Jesus fucking christ was that game good. I still play Tribes 2 and Tribes Ascend. That shit is amazing.

BLUE
Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ah yes, I too played original tribes and CS before discovering EQ. Very few games capture the satisfaction of a disc launcher hit on a flying target!

I knew I was addicted the first night I played. Couldn't unglue myself until 4am when I heard one of my parents walking through the house and jumped in bed to avoid getting in trouble.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't unglue myself until 4am when I heard one of my parents walking through the house and jumped in bed to avoid getting in trouble.

I miss doing that. =/

BLUE
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CS 1.6 is pretty fun still. Lots of people still play it.

Tribes on the other hand.. Jesus fucking christ was that game good. I still play Tribes 2 and Tribes Ascend. That shit is amazing.
Wow that's surprising. I checked out Ascend but it just wasn't the same. I want to say that I disliked Tribes 2 but it could just be because I was addicted to EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's super cool that people still play though, I'm impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I knew I was addicted the first night I played. Couldn't unglue myself until 4am when I heard one of my parents walking through the house and jumped in bed to avoid getting in trouble.
I can one up you on that! I didn't have a computer in my room. I would sneak in just before my parents would lock up the computer room for the night (this is how addicted I was) and I'd unlock the window without them knowing. When they went to sleep I would jump out of my bedroom window from the second story and then break into my own house via computer room window and play all night. If I ever heard commotion near the doorway at night I'd sprint to the closet and hide...they never caught me! Haha, good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why am I proud of this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

My babysitter when I was younger would let me play Starsiege: Tribes while he studied. That shit was so much fun, still one of my favorite fps games to date. He's also the one that got me into EQ beta back in phase 2. It's really been a one note story since! haha

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread