Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Day 1 of logging into EQ I left the good old counter strike and tribes 1 behind. Anyone remember those games? Each one addicting in their own right...

Anyways, I first made a high elf enchanter and after an hour or so of figuring out how to get things going my first target was a real life player, some dwarf. I assumed he was just another NPC I could kill but NOPE. It shocked me how fast I died. He put me in my place pretty quickly. After I got cursed out from him in tells, I made a dark elf and never looked back <evil grin>.
I was totally addicted to CS before I played EQ too!! I played css a ton also.

I knew I was addicted when I started getting the shakes and cold sweats when I hadn't played for 12 hours.. man that shit was bad.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can one up you on that! I didn't have a computer in my room. I would sneak in just before my parents would lock up the computer room for the night (this is how addicted I was) and I'd unlock the window without them knowing. When they went to sleep I would jump out of my bedroom window from the second story and then break into my own house via computer room window and play all night. If I ever heard commotion near the doorway at night I'd sprint to the closet and hide...they never caught me! Haha, good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why am I proud of this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funniest shit ever!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Wow that's surprising. I checked out Ascend but it just wasn't the same. I want to say that I disliked Tribes 2 but it could just be because I was addicted to EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's super cool that people still play though, I'm impressed.

I can one up you on that! I didn't have a computer in my room. I would sneak in just before my parents would lock up the computer room for the night (this is how addicted I was) and I'd unlock the window without them knowing. When they went to sleep I would jump out of my bedroom window from the second story and then break into my own house via computer room window and play all night. If I ever heard commotion near the doorway at night I'd sprint to the closet and hide...they never caught me! Haha, good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why am I proud of this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just busted up laughing after reading this!! That is hilarious and totally reminds me of gaming when I was a kid also.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

loved tribes. Played ascend for a while. Just love the fast pace. Flag chasing/capturing.

Quake 2 was also money.

When i was 13, my dad came into my computer room when he woke up late at night and caught me hiding under a couch with the computer screen off in an attempt to escape his notice. He grounded me the entire summer from eq, 3 fn months.

I was an athlete, came from an athlete family, and none of them ever understood my obsession with games. To this day. /emo off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dolic
Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loved tribes. Played ascend for a while. Just love the fast pace. Flag chasing/capturing.
Dude, disc kills mid air are da beez neez, I lived for light armor defense and flag chasing. I miss those fast pace games for sure. SIGH memories.

It's okay Fael, I had to deal with that type of BS also, you aren't alone!!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

To this day I still listen to classic EQ music in my car driving to work...

Also, I was mid chardok raid a few months after kunark release, some guy smashed into a telephone pole outside, i ran outside and basically ran the scene at 15 years old just to get the ball rolling faster and things cleaned up so the electric company could get the power working again... lol
Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Tribes 1; I know The Fotman in real life. If anyone ever had *that* experience...

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Banned

tribes is an excellent game. unique and just a well-made shooter. renegades was definitely the best mod
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Was 15~ at the time. Asked a buddy for a SoW when I meant to say Pepsi. Sad times indeed.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Aviak

Got caught shop lifting when I was 17. Parents gave me a choice, lose EQ forever or give up my '88 Camaro...

I kept the car but I thought about it for a minute! Man that sucked! As soon as I had my own place I started playing again.