Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Developer

Default The First EverQuest Almanac

I accidentally ran into this player-made site that is filled with information concerning all the places and deities of Norrath and figured some may like to read it. It's extremely long but if you enjoy lore and want to know why and how certain zones and cities exist, this is interesting.

http://www.geocities.ws/silentredemption/EQalmanac.htm
Old 01-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Keynos? wtf
Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accidentally ran into this player-made site that is filled with information concerning all the places and deities of Norrath and figured some may like to read it. It's extremely long but if you enjoy lore and want to know why and how certain zones and cities exist, this is interesting.

http://www.geocities.ws/silentredemption/EQalmanac.htm
All those "zones" that appear in lore and on maps that are mentioned here could of been 3 expansions worth before even leaving for the planes.

and we get cats on the moon?

I'd like to see 3 xpacs up to Velious then they should of spent 1-2 expacs fleshing out the world THEN Planes of Power.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Konrisk Tomor

this npc isnt actually in game?? Pack of TOmor faction in DLands.....

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Konrisk Tomor

this npc isnt actually in game?? Pack of TOmor faction in DLands.....
Nope
Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keynos? wtf
Nailed it.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

I think the most interesting thing about this is the points of lore that they decided to change later on (or so many people left the project that the original lore was lost). Examples:

Quote:
Rujarkian Hills:

This is a term given to the hilly region between the Desert of Ro and the Innothule, by the Goblins that inhabit it and the name of the hills is about the only thing all the warring Goblin tribes can agree on. Rujark is a legendary Goblin hero and her name is revered by all Goblins.
Rujarkian Hills was added in LDON and was 100% orcs, although Rujark himself was never included.

Quote:
Everfrost Peaks:

This mountain range in northern Antonica is home to the Barbarain town of Halas as well as a great number of Orc, Goblin, Gnoll, and Bugbear tribes.
Bugbears?

Quote:
The Jaggedpine Forest:

This evergreen forest, west of the Hatchling, near Keynos is under the care of the Jaggedpine Treefolk and the Protectors of the Jaggedpine. It is also home to many small Orc and Goblin tribes.
Was gnolls, not orcs/goblins.

Quote:
The Barren Coast:

This desert coastline is home to few creatures but it is said that a wise, powerful and often tempermental hermit makes his home amongst its dunes.
Few creatures? When the Barren Coast was added it was teeming with all kinds of mobs and NPCs, there was even a town with merchants etc. No idea who the powerful hermit is, I don't think he exists.

Quote:
The Loping Plains:

The wolves that run in great wild packs and control theses plains are said to be servants of a powerful Elfish Vampire who’s dark tower casts its eerie reflection upon the waters of the Wayunder Lake. Many Orc and Hobgoblin tribes also call these plains home.
Close. The wolves are actually werewolves, and there are orcs but no goblins. No dark tower, just Bloodmoon Keep which iirc was inhabited by more orcs.

Quote:
Broken Skull Rock

Broken Skull Rock is home to The Broken Skull Clan of Trolls. The actual rock is but a small part of their Island compound. The Broken Skulls are blood thirsty butchers who kill for fun and sport. Only the toughest and meanest Trolls have a prayer of gaining admittance to the Clan. They are unlike most Trolls though as they have a strict sense of honor and duty to each other. One member of the Clan will die to protect another. The Broken Skulls and their leader Dulak maintain a cliff top fortress and a small village.
This is surprisingly accurate for LOY content. Dulak never existed in the game, but there is a zone named after him. I guess the "cliff top fortress" was never introduced, but the Crypt of Nadox was pretty fortress-like. Technically Nadox was the leader and "boss" of the expansion (not counting the fight with Innoruuk), but I guess he's just an underling to Dulak.

Quote:
The Menagerie

Hidden in the tundra, somewhere on the Frigid Plain, lies the network of tunnels and rooms of Miragul’s Menagerie. Miragul, once a prominent member of the Council of Erud, Miragul betrayed his fellow Erudites and stole many of their most valuable tomes and artifacts. He was one of many Erudites who sought to explore the ways of Necromancy. Eventually, having learned the secret of immortality from his fellow Heretics, Miragul cross over into undeath. Now a powerful Lich who wanders aimlessly through the complex paying little heed to the mystic artifacts and creatures that also dwell within its walls.
Interestingly, it was kind of inaccurate to add Miragul to Everfrost for the Fiery Avenger quest. The Menagerie was added in LDON, but unfortunately Miragul himself wasn't included there. He was actually added as a raid fight a couple years ago in a recent expansion:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Gotta go, but I'll update this a bit more later).

Anyways, if you're interested in lore this is pretty insane: http://home.comcast.net/~dfj21/history1.htm
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, if you're interested in lore this is pretty insane: http://home.comcast.net/~dfj21/history1.htm
First off, thanks for the clarification in some of the discrepancies in the Almanac link. Even though that link is still interesting read. Your link (which I quoted here) is interesting, but I have to say this: HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN! GOLY GEE WILLAKERS!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Not a bad read.

Quote:

Fizzlethorp Bristlebane

Allied with Brell Serilis and Erollisi Marr. Fizzlethorp has no enemies.
While that might be true I believe the Gfay bandits (3 of them between Felwithe/Kelethin) are on "Fizzlethorp" faction?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a bad read.

While that might be true I believe the Gfay bandits (3 of them between Felwithe/Kelethin) are on "Fizzlethorp" faction?
I assume they mean enemies within deities. The pirates in OOT are on fizzlethorp faction too (at least the pirate that's a PH for ancient cyclops is).