Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Default Few druid questions

been a decade since i played so questions:

1) What level should a druid start kiting? And what area?

2) Do I need snare to kite or will SOW do?

3) Whats a good quest or drop for a druid for a weapon at lvl 15? I was looking at this quest. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=117 is that what I should do?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Banned

how about find a group u dumb shiva
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

play necro if u wanna kite solo
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

There's a couple ways to do it, but root-rotting is probably the most efficient. However, given the recent resist changes, I don't know what its situation is.

You can kite - running around w/ sow and letting the dot kill it, which you can do with snare or without. Kiting generally is less efficient since you don't get the med ticks, and usually you have a slight gain in mana over the mana cost of the root...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

1) Results may vary, but I didn't start kiting until I got Creeping Crud (level 24). Then you can live in South Karana until you are sick of the zone.
2) You don't need a snare, but it is certainly helpful for recasts.
3) Druids do crap for melee damage. Don't waste the time and money on the screaming mace. Get a Darkwood Staff. (get someone to sell you a Lambent stone cheap, and turn in to Sol Ro temple for staff) It does magical damage, and isn't that much worse than the screaming mace.

This strategy worked well for me:
Cast your AC/HP buff
Cast damage shield
Pull blue con mob with nuke
Beat on mob.
Watch his health and your health. If you are losing health faster than you'd like, cast another nuke. Or 2.
After fight, cast tree form.
Sit and med.
Your mana and health will regen together.
If your health gets to max first, consider using one less nuke.
If your mana gets to max first, consider using one more nuke.

Benefit to this is you get to keep your Offense, Defense and 1HB maxed out at the early levels, and it kills as fast, if not faster than root rotting with Stinging Swarm and Flame Lick.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Results may vary, but I didn't start kiting until I got Creeping Crud (level 24). Then you can live in South Karana until you are sick of the zone.
2) You don't need a snare, but it is certainly helpful for recasts.
3) Druids do crap for melee damage. Don't waste the time and money on the screaming mace. Get a Darkwood Staff. (get someone to sell you a Lambent stone cheap, and turn in to Sol Ro temple for staff) It does magical damage, and isn't that much worse than the screaming mace.

This strategy worked well for me:
Cast your AC/HP buff
Cast damage shield
Pull blue con mob with nuke
Beat on mob.
Watch his health and your health. If you are losing health faster than you'd like, cast another nuke. Or 2.
After fight, cast tree form.
Sit and med.
Your mana and health will regen together.
If your health gets to max first, consider using one less nuke.
If your mana gets to max first, consider using one more nuke.

Benefit to this is you get to keep your Offense, Defense and 1HB maxed out at the early levels, and it kills as fast, if not faster than root rotting with Stinging Swarm and Flame Lick.
This - and if you want, you can often get a runed falchion on the cheap (200-300), which has a really good ratio/dmg among druid weapons. May have to build 1hs tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Kobold

You can start kiting griffons in EK at around 14. Snare everything.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this
Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I find that you can root rot just as efficiently as snare kite and it's a lot less stressful too. And you should definitely be making use of your DS as an added form of DPS where applicable. I know the durations are currently a little whack, but if your hitpoints are at a 100% then it's another resource you could be using while saving mana for the next kill.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Looking back, I might have pulled with Stinging Swarm. I think the length of the fight made it more mana efficient to do that than to use a nuke to open. Easy to test. Add up the damage the dot does for the duration of the fight, divided by the mana, and compare to the ratio of your nuke.
Closed Thread