Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Wink Stop stressing out about nerfed items... :)

Admittedly I was a little stressed a few weeks back.. thinking, oh man, I always wanted a Manastone and a Fungi tunic. And surely still do. But I just wanted to throw it out there... like a little splash of water on the face.

Hey, man... I mean whats the worst that will happen? You will have an awesome EQ experience like you did back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not having a manastone or a fungi tunic didnt make you have less fun you know? Sure there will always be objects of desire...

In the end of the day, they are not easy to get, and MOST of us will never get them.

Its healthy to want things, its not healthy to stress over them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Take a breather, they are not THAT important. The game is still amazing ^_^

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Aviak

I came to the realization a long time ago that I will never be rich or have "uber" items in EQ. That however is not my goal anyway and doesn't fit with my play style. I always get by and have allot of fun anyway. Maybe some day, but if it never happens I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, man... I mean whats the worst that will happen? You will have an awesome EQ experience like you did back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not having a manastone or a fungi tunic didnt make you have less fun you know? Sure there will always be objects of desire...
Tell that TMO, they seem to stress easily.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Word. There is no item in the game that will enable you to "win Everquest".

There are a lot of great gear options that are limited time only but when it all comes down to it the biggest accomplishments in the game happen when you have a group of people working as a team. There is no single fancy stick or shiny stone that's going to get you your epic or help you conquer The Sleeper's Tomb. But Your guild might!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Some of my favorite memories in EQ took place in the old world classic zones.. I had a great time in Cazic Thule as an enchanter saving the group from certain disaster. I had a great time with the guilds which I was in, hanging out camping for a SMR in Lower Guk. Heck, I even had some fun waiting in Drelzna's room for the JBoots. If I ever go insane, I am sure I'll wallpaper my room with the same pattern in that little room. :-) Yeah it drove me bonkers but it was great fun waiting in line with everyone else!
Don't worry about the stuff you might miss out / have missed out on obtaining. If you don't have it, you won't miss it. :-)
-----------------------
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Aviak

When you see a monk that is conning blue killing more mobs then your full group because he got fungi robe , its a little saddening
Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you see a monk that is conning blue killing more mobs then your full group because he got fungi robe , its a little saddening
Yeah but if you think about it... he either spent a ton of time farming green mobs for $$ to buy it, or farming the actual mob that drops it... so much time that its probably enough for you to level from 1 - 60 in that time.

So in the end of the day the equation balances out. All the advantage he is getting now he paid for earlier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but if you think about it... he either spent a ton of time farming green mobs for $$ to buy it, or farming the actual mob that drops it... so much time that its probably enough for you to level from 1 - 60 in that time.

So in the end of the day the equation balances out. All the advantage he is getting now he paid for earlier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Eh, that robe is common right now. See several a day.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fungi robe will get nerfed and he will be left with a an ugly robe that has absolutely zero stats that a monk would want.

If you are referring to the tunic, that will always be in the game so the item does not apply to this thread which is about items that are removed from loot tables.

If your group of 6 people can't kill a mob faster than a solo monk that cons blue to you then it is indeed sad... a very very sad group. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word. There is no item in the game that will enable you to "win Everquest".

There are a lot of great gear options that are limited time only but when it all comes down to it the biggest accomplishments in the game happen when you have a group of people working as a team. There is no single fancy stick or shiny stone that's going to get you your epic or help you conquer The Sleeper's Tomb. But Your guild might!
Wrong. T Staff