Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you see a monk that is conning blue killing more mobs then your full group because he got fungi robe , its a little saddening
Uh, I think the fungi tunic is more along the lines of increasing HP regen in a similar way that clarity increases mana regen. It's not going to be game breaking especially to the extent that you just said.. If a full group is outpaced by a solo monk like that, it's time to find a new group!
-----------------------
Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. T Staff
So, you solo many dragons with that tranquil staff?
And when exactly does it get nerfed might I ask?

Sorry, I just don't see how your three word answer had anything to do with my previous comment.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you see a monk that is conning blue killing more mobs then your full group because he got fungi robe , its a little saddening
This post shouldnt even warrant a response but....

+15 hp regen / tick < random blue wanders in DL that hit for 120. Good try though.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Stop telling me what to not stress about! >:O
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post shouldnt even warrant a response but....

+15 hp regen / tick < random blue wanders in DL that hit for 120. Good try though.
When you factor monk AC and avoidance, that 15hp regen a tick starts to make a big difference. Fungi tunic makes soloing immensely easier 50+ as a monk.

But yeah, the guy you were responding to did overstate the effect of +15 hp regen. It's not > than a group...not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Orc

I wonder in general, if the nerfed items should have been put up on the server at all this time around. After all, the experts know what item will get nerfed and have an idea when. There is now a huge rush to all those nerfed items because the people know they are going to get nerfed and they know it will happen soon. The percentage of players who own a nerf-item will be so much higher on nerf day than the percentage ever was on live because of that knowledge. And their advantage will be huge. Why else would the top guild go into poopsock mode to get all these items.

Just look at the advantage people bound at the firepot room will have. So much faster to mobilize a raid. They will beat ALL raiding guilds created after the nerf day. I wouldn't expect a single guild during classic time with more than 50% firepot-bound casters. But I bet the top raiding guild now are approaching 100%.

Given, I am a late come to the classic game (a month after Velious went live) and most of those nerfed items have mythical status to me, just as if they never existed. And I don't miss them. It's just like a win in the lottery, woould be nice to win, but nothing to lose sleep about.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, man... I mean whats the worst that will happen? You will have an awesome EQ experience like you did back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not having a manastone or a fungi tunic didnt make you have less fun you know? Sure there will always be objects of desire...
But if I use that logic, since I had all of those items back in the day and they were so freaking cool, since I don't have them now because I'm not an angsty little virgin kid with no life I should be working just as hard as I possibly can so that I can attain these items again and re-live my live experience? Fucking eh, thanks chief, time to man up and play more EQ imo. THEY WILL BE MINE, THEY MUST BE MINE. /stress
Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry, I just don't see how your three word answer had anything to do with my previous comment.

I think the whirl component of 100 blows gets nerfed in 2010 for PVP reasons.

I am not sure when the mob lvl limit was introduced, Velious maybe? Or was there always that limit?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

T-staff and dragon haste. Game over bro.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T-staff and dragon haste. Game over bro.
I hear that combo does big things against adds, AoE dots and death touches. Or can monks just walk right up to epic mobs and start chain stunning them without getting noticed? Oh wait, I forgot about mobs that are immune to stuns.

So I refer you again to my original comment.
Closed Thread