Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Orc

Default Question about turning in Gnoll Fangs in Halas

Without saying exactly how bad of a noob mistake I made, let's just say that I need to increase my faction standing with several Halas groups. Specifically, I took a few negative hits to MerchantsofHalas, ShamenofJustice, SteelWarriors, and WolvesoftheNorth. I wound up being KOS to several mobs that I need to be around and I'm not at all welcomed in Halas. After killing Giz Dinree about 50 times in East Freeport (this only affected WolvesoftheNorth), I decided to go back to Halas to see if I can get in. I found that I'm viewed "Threateningly" by the guards and merchants. My understanding is that I'll still be attacked if I hang around agro range too long.

I understand that the gnoll fangs can be turned in to help all of these factions. My question is how I can get there without being killed. If I invis myself and get to the turn-in NPC, won't they still attack me once I turn in the first set of gnoll fangs? I read somewhere that you have can do the quest at "threateningly".

Any advice on exactly how I should go about this? Or any other advice on how to work on those factions without going into Halas?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Well this has to be the most classic EQ post of the week so far [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vendors will never attack you (they can't drop below dubious even if the reality is they'd be lower).

The wiki might be your best friend here, type in the various factions you need to fix and you'll get a list of things you can do to recover it. Might be a long road but you can atone <3

http://wiki.project1999.com/Merchants_of_Halas

As for the gnoll fangs, do you have any druid friends? Not sure how wolf form modifies faction there but might be worth considering.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Orc

Yeah, spent a lot of time this week reading through the wiki and other forum posts trying to figure out exactly how to go about it. Unfortunately, aside from going into Halas, there's not much I can do to work on those factions.

I also read somewhere that Wolf Form is a bad idea in Halas...

Character is an enchanter, so there's always Illusion:Barbarian and Benevolance to help a little.

But it's good to know that the merchants won't attack me. :-)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardolap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, spent a lot of time this week reading through the wiki and other forum posts trying to figure out exactly how to go about it. Unfortunately, aside from going into Halas, there's not much I can do to work on those factions.

I also read somewhere that Wolf Form is a bad idea in Halas...

Character is an enchanter, so there's always Illusion:Barbarian and Benevolance to help a little.

But it's good to know that the merchants won't attack me. :-)
sounds like it doesnt matter if you stay KoS there...Halas sucks anyways
Old 02-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

You're on the right track with Giz Dinree but you'll need to be patient as the hits are likely only +1 per kill (though it should be +2 per for Wolves of the North and Carson McCabe)

Illusion: Barbarian and Alliance spells should make it very easy for you to get to dubious though if you're only in threateningly.

Once you're dubious you can turn in fangs for

+15 Wolves of the North
+3 Merchants of Halas
+3 Shamen of Justice
+1 Steel Warriors

per turn in. 3 fangs are needed per turn in so it's essentially +5, +1, +1.

I'm not sure if it has been changed yet... but you were able to kill the two sled dogs in the back of Halas for +Rogues of the White Rose faction. If you're KOS to them (and they're also the bankers) then you'll want to do this first because it completely ruins the factions raised by doing Gnoll Bounty.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalderon Crystafire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're on the right track with Giz Dinree but you'll need to be patient as the hits are likely only +1 per kill (though it should be +2 per for Wolves of the North and Carson McCabe)

Illusion: Barbarian and Alliance spells should make it very easy for you to get to dubious though if you're only in threateningly.

Once you're dubious you can turn in fangs for

+15 Wolves of the North
+3 Merchants of Halas
+3 Shamen of Justice
+1 Steel Warriors

per turn in. 3 fangs are needed per turn in so it's essentially +5, +1, +1.

I'm not sure if it has been changed yet... but you were able to kill the two sled dogs in the back of Halas for +Rogues of the White Rose faction. If you're KOS to them (and they're also the bankers) then you'll want to do this first because it completely ruins the factions raised by doing Gnoll Bounty.
Enchanter could charm the npc anyways, but thats besides the point...you get your faction up...you will never go back to that zone after that.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadtj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter could charm the npc anyways, but thats besides the point...you get your faction up...you will never go back to that zone after that.
Does that work? I tried getting my paladin factions up on my enchanter (starting with the guy you hand bottles of milk to in WC), and didn't get the faction hits.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

It does not work. Charmed NPCs do not give faction hits for their quest turn-ins.
Closed Thread