Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Flowing Warm Wet Tears
Old 09-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More importantly, why did they nerf jboots at the same time
did they? the camp always felt like it had a mean of like 8 hours with a standard deviation of 3 hours.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

It seems like Yaks drop a lot less often too in my experience down there... SMR was always pretty rare though. Maybe they wanted guk booty to be a little rarer or something..
Old 09-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Aviak

i take it back i hate this camp i have many moonstone rings now
Old 09-02-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Someone told me that the old

doesnt actually work with physics and math, and that if there are a string of drops or no drops or spawns or no spawns or whatever, for like 20 spawns, it has no effect on the next 20, it doesnt average out over time.

I am very stupid though so I do not know if this is true so does anyone else know if it is or not?

My stupid iksar brain thinks that if I log like 10hrs at a camp, and I get no drops, that my ass better stay there for the next 5 hours, because then Ill get 15 hours worth of drops, in 5 hours and I am petty and dont want to give someone all my hard work, so I stay logged in for another 5 hours, and then I continue this process until eventually im going to die here at this camp.

What they said, is if you got no drops for 10hrs, dont think that the next 5 hours is going to even out, its always random, there is no 0000000000000000101010111111111 effect.

Halp
Old 09-02-2020, 10:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, if I knew they fucking changed the drop rate I would have. All the evidence is piled up. massive loss in interest in the camp, impossibly low drop rates, the coincidentally recent introduction of plane of sky and their shit haste belts.

And you must be new to how to thhings work in P99's EC. Selling shit takes forever and selling garbage tier shit like moonstone rings takes forever + a day. It's a good way to lose money by wasting more time, though.
you're probably inside the anti-camp radius, be sure you camp in big room outside instead of frenzy room or its hallway
Old 09-03-2020, 02:08 AM
Aviak

OK I wanted to test your theory, OP, so I went into guk and got a fbss with 9 rings. On the one hand, I realize that is far too narrow of a sample size to be of any use. On the other hand, I did get an FBSS for my paladin.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK I wanted to test your theory, OP, so I went into guk and got a fbss with 9 rings. On the one hand, I realize that is far too narrow of a sample size to be of any use. On the other hand, I did get an FBSS for my paladin.
Currently testing on blue. 4 rings down so far
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-03-2020, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

up to 33 rings with no sash.

I played green/farmed a guk a ton 4-5 months back before i took a long break. back then there about 6 people who very often farmed the frenzy daily.

We pooled data for quite awhile and among us the longest anyone ever went without a sash was 8 frenzies, adnd the average was around 4 frenzies per sash., with frenzies appear approximately 1 time very hours.

Frenzy spawn rate seems the same, but everyone from the old school has said the rates are down not just at sash but all across lguk. I dont have good evidence for any other camp but I believe in a court of law I could clearly convince a jury by calling a mathematician or two that threre is no way I just happened to be the guy winning/losing the RNg lottery and that have originality lower the drop rate.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:35 AM
Kobold

Got my sash on blue after 5 rings
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Closed Thread