Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Default Befallen Adventures With Ghuurg (Lvl 5 Ahole)

Greetings Norrathians,

Prelude to the story:

Slogging away on my shiny new lvl 9 Cleric attempting to squeeze every last drop of gold from the entrance mobs in Befallen. I had been at this camp for hours, semi afk, relaxing and enjoying the ZEM with little effort after a long hard day at the office.

Befallen is one my go to zones when leveling new characters. It can be dangerous, especially if you don't know the zone or how aggro mechanics work. Doors are not barriers that separate you from aggro radius. The zone is widely known for it's pathing issues and aggro issues through doors. Example: Dark Elf Skeleton will aggro you through the door at the the third level.

Here is a crude drawing of the relevant portion of this zone to give my story some context

ghuurg.png

1. Putrid Skeleton
2. Putrid Skeleton
3. Necro
4. Plague Rat

So the story begins with me killing the first putrid skeleton (1) and medding for a second before I engage the second (2)

As I'm medding, a fatty runs by (Our Hero Ghuurg LVL 5 WARRIOR) and quickly grabs the second skelly (2) that I was preparing to pull. Ok, fine, I'll move on to the next. Ghuurg is gonna Ghuurg.

Ghuurg is definitely in the midst of an "even fight", giving him a 50/50 chance to win. Being level 5, his aggro radius is significantly higher than mine. The mobs I'm pulling are light blues, some even dark green (The ZEM makes them viable still).

So after being leapfrogged, I move on to the next mob on the route as I'm making my rounds. No hard feelings towards Ghuurg. Plenty of mobs to go around and I'm not greedy. I'm happy sharing, curing diseases and clicking players to check their health. Tossing heals to lend a hand because I enjoy helping others.

So I figure Ghuurg knows what he is doing. I proceed to pull the Necro from the room on the right side on the map (3) (My Left in game)

He comes single (as he has been for 2 hours now. I've done this route countless times. I know the zone like the back of my hand). I start killing it.

Suddenly a plague rat (4) joins in the fray with Ghuurg, who seems to be having a rough time of it. Ghuurg panics and tries to make a run for it. Being a fatty, he smacks his forehead on the door trying to get out, which slows down his attempts to flee. I hear the crunch with an "OOF" followed by the death rattle. Ghuurg is on his way back to his bind point.

ghuurg2.JPG

For a moment I mourn the loss of Ghuurg and then proceed along my route. Moments later I receive the following:

"WTF You just trained me! REPORTED!"

I reply calmly that I did not train him. That he leapfrogged me and caught aggro.

"YOU TRAINED ME ON PURPOSE. YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED"

What Ghuurg did not understand is he is lvl 5. He already has a relatively large aggro radius and if his health gets too low, this radius increases, hence the rat aggroing him through the door(4). He never had a chance.

Ghuurg promptly rage logged as I was trying to calmly explain this to him. I tried to shrug it off, but the situation is nagging me because bad players should be the ones who get penalized reporting every petty perceived grievance that comes their way playing this game. Trying to report people because you suck at this game is not my problem Ghuurg. Suck it up. You're level 5. You'll get over it and hopefully learn from the experience.

Secondly why the heck would I train somebody with one friggin mob. If I wanted to purposely train someone and be a dick, I would have pulled the entire room. Not one mob from the room on the opposite side I was pulling from. The rat was green to me. I would have needed to run right up to it and stand there for a second to catch aggro on it you dumb son of a bitch!

FUCK OFF GHUURG
Old 12-05-2019, 04:05 AM
Aviak

You train good.

Have you considered <Seal Team>?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:41 AM
Aviak

You have a talent for rants and flames.

I hope you encounter many more Ghuurgs and share those tales with us.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

I love how your tone of voice changes abruptly from helpful knowledgeable cleric to "you dumb son of a bitch!"

Solid 5 out of 7. Would read again.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how your tone of voice changes abruptly from helpful knowledgeable cleric to "you dumb son of a bitch!"

Solid 5 out of 7. Would read again.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 AM
Large Bat

Now THIS is what this sub is for. Awesome story/rant. I could feel the rage and anger from GHUURG through my monitor.

Discord - Abnercadaver#5368
Old 12-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Orc

"So then you have no frame of reference here, Ghuurg, You're like a child who wonders in the middle of movie."
Old 12-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Kobold

6/7 for such a nice little diagram. A-.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Very solid read, this is what rants and flames is for.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Well if it was me I would have nuked the plague rat right away and said oh hai Ghuurg, maybe you're a little low to be here, it's tough for a level 5. You know what, let me buff you and stand back and finish a couple mobs for you if you get into trouble so you can get a handle for this place, ok? And then I would watch Ghuurg amuse me with his newbie antics. Ghuurg would learn that he needs clerics if he's going to be a warrior, and you would learn to be a compassionate human being.

Anyway, that's just me. Because I'm like Jesus.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread