Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What good is there in a solution that is easy to defeat if you're malicious but will hinder honest people at the same time?
Isn't that exactly what we have now? Stay up for days on end for Manastone, or participate in account sharing so your guild can farm up Manastones to use and sell later on?

The impact on "honest" players would be minimal. It's the Scrooge McDuck pixel hoarders that would scream.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Large Rat

Why not just makes the drops more common?
Old 05-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Account sharing is all fun and games until your "friend" gets your account permanently banned for RMT.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

It was a success in the only metric that matters: less petitions for staff to review.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

No Sharing: If your ip changes you get booted off the list.
If they're VNCing they're running the risk of multibox ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a success in the only metric that matters: less petitions for staff to review.
+1
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just my two cents take it with a grain of salt:

The /list system was interesting to say the least but the amount of people who join a /list and FD till they hit #1, or even just to loot their item, was insane.

I think the lockout on the item drops should be permanent per toon. Get the item 1ce and move on or level another toon to farm.

1-This allows equal opportunity to the coveted loot (which I think is the whole purpose of the /list system)

2- This prevents people from hoarding the items and messing up the economy before it is even started (too late to an extent)

3-Makes the account sharing a mute point because once each toon has the item they will be unable to farm the camp again on that toon. (this promotes more alt leveling and could help noobs find groups in soon to be empty zones)

4- Anyone wanting to collect the "Lion's Share" as it was put can level multiple toons and do so while the casual gamers don't have to lose a camp to the same toon multiple times.
You're making too much sense
Old 05-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A solution to this problem has been proposed - randomly award the coveted item to one of the first 6 players on the list - drawing the mechanics of a particular camp closer to what it would be without /list - an exp group camping it and /rolling on the loot.
I like this idea ... as I like any idea that returns /list to playing EverQuest (ie. luck and patience) instead of playing a non-EQ made-up game (click the box every few minutes).

That being said, I don't think the group thing is necessary at all, and it'd be simpler to just list for a random chance to kill the mob when it spawns. To solve the "people don't kill their own mob" problem, make it so winning /list only gives you a ten minute window to kill: if you fail to do so in that time, /list happens again, giving the mob to someone else.

Again, I'm happy with any "more-EverQuesty" solution (and also, to be clear, /list 1.0 is still far more "EverQuesty" than not having a list at all) ... it's just that among all possible solutions I favor simpler ones over complex ones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's just that among all possible solutions I favor simpler ones over complex ones.
don't think it gets more simplistic than permanently locking out a toon once they get an item.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
So we just went through the first incarnation of the /list feature.
Post your thoughts and eventual suggestions for improvement.

I'll start.

The good: overall, a great success. It worked exactly as announced, I haven't ran into any glitches. It allowed people who aren't as dedicated to EQ as some others to still compete to an extent which is a Good Thing. Meanwhile, it allowed the most commited ones to still get the lion's share of the loot, as it should be.

Kudos for the implementation, to whoever did it (I assume Rogean).

The bad: how it draws people to wish others (with a better # position than them) failed and the inevitable lawyering that ensues. The mechanics of /list create too many situations where instead of camaraderie, it results in tension and hard feelings. It's hard to imagine the number of /petition that have been generated by the manastone camp alone.

A solution to this problem has been proposed - randomly award the coveted item to one of the first 6 players on the list - drawing the mechanics of a particular camp closer to what it would be without /list - an exp group camping it and /rolling on the loot.

I would like to know what the GMs and the rest of people who used /list think of it.
Between screenshare and afk checker bots/exploits the only improvement I see is requiring characters to be max level for lists and to be active during the engagement of the mob.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

99% chance locket of escape is perma camped
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 05-02-2020 at 01:51 PM..
Closed Thread