Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just troleing, hope you have the best of luck with ur card counting to the extent that luck is involved with it.

My concern is everywhere you go these days everyone is participating in these day trades like a viral meme. Last time this happened, just before the Great Depression, JFK's daddy witnessed his shoeshine boy talking about his stock plays, perceived the market was overvaluated, walked right down to the stock exchange and took all his money out. Saved himself a gory suicide. 2007-2009 bear market was predictable (my big daddy predicted it), as was the Great Depression. But some shocks simply aren't... 9/11, the corona, Black Monday, etc. But I guess as long as you get your money out before it pits.... I have the luxury of not worrying about such things.
I wonder if there’s anyone like that one guy that was like trying to short the housing market in 2006, walking around talking like, guys the entire stock market is about to disappear.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Banned

My mom has been saying the market's gonna crash since 1989. So far, she's been right like 4 times.

Regardless, she would be a multi-millionaire right now if she would've invested in the market instead of building up an inventory of Mary Kay products to peddle to all of her friends at church and still being poor.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Banned

I sold every single position I had this morning in my Roth IRA which isn’t huge but has a little over 100k in it. I invested 97.77% of my entire Roth into WYY. I bought it when it was already up 2% for the day. My entire personal investment savings is now up 5% today. Pretty fucking crazy heartbeat is still good but I have a boner. Not looking forward to what a down day feels like. See you all in a couple weeks, months, year to see if this pays off incredibly, is so-so or robs me of my hard earned and patient interest accrued over a decade.
Fuck diversification YOLO!

Recent Big winners:
NVAX
RESN
BA(swing trades)
TSLA(A couple weekly option plays shout out to Artelius)
Last edited by Zipity; 01-19-2021 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Banned

Just sold my GILD

Confirmed Gwaehir still has no money
Old 01-19-2021, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold every single position I had this morning in my Roth IRA which isn’t huge but has a little over 100k in it. I invested 97.77% of my entire Roth into WYY. I bought it when it was already up 2% for the day. My entire personal investment savings is now up 5% today. Pretty fucking crazy heartbeat is still good but I have a boner. Not looking forward to what a down day feels like. See you all in a couple weeks, months, year to see if this pays off incredibly, is so-so or robs me of my hard earned and patient interest accrued over a decade.
Fuck diversification YOLO!

Recent Big winners:
NVAX
RESN
BA(swing trades)
TSLA(A couple weekly option plays shout out to Artelius)
congrats brother. lets get this bread no more mediocrity
Old 01-19-2021, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold every single position I had this morning in my Roth IRA which isn’t huge but has a little over 100k in it. I invested 97.77% of my entire Roth into WYY.
What is so special about WYY you went all in? Not sarcastic, just curious. I'm planning to post my top pick here, long term, will follow price for next year or two. And I will explain why it is my top pick.

Btw, good luck to you, although what you are doing, smells too much of a reckless gamble to me. I couldn't do it. But I hope it works for you.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:04 PM
Banned

yes zipity don't forget those stop loss orders. don't lose 20% in a day.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:26 PM
Banned

It’s 100m market cap IT company that just won a 500M government contract, There is very little downside risk, their Margins are also mind boggling. Look me up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think it’s a shoe in to hit $25 at which point I will sell atleast enough to buy back everything I sold this morning. Just capitalizing on a small cap company analysts have overlooked or haven’t discovered and that big institutions haven’t flooded into yet bc of the small cap. This is definitely not my favorite stock for 3 or 5 or 10 years. But I’ll have a lot of cash in a short amount of time to buy whatever I want if this works out. I’ve been doing stock investing for quite a while, and every once in a while I’ll stumble across a no brainer investment and my only regret is not investing more in those. Not making that mistake here.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:43 PM
Banned

Lol, Zacks just upgraded WYY to a #1 Rank strong buy, Bc well yea earnings are gonna be much higher than expected.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
It’s 100m market cap IT company that just won a 500M government contract, There is very little downside risk, their Margins are also mind boggling. Look me up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think it’s a shoe in to hit $25 at which point I will sell atleast enough to buy back everything I sold this morning. Just capitalizing on a small cap company analysts have overlooked or haven’t discovered and that big institutions haven’t flooded into yet bc of the small cap. This is definitely not my favorite stock for 3 or 5 or 10 years. But I’ll have a lot of cash in a short amount of time to buy whatever I want if this works out. I’ve been doing stock investing for quite a while, and every once in a while I’ll stumble across a no brainer investment and my only regret is not investing more in those. Not making that mistake here.
hurl that lance of longinus to the heavens bruder
Closed Thread