Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-30-2020, 01:51 PM
Large Bat

Default Black screen crashes

Hey all

Sometimes while playing my screen goes black and I cannot control it, it seems like a soft lockup. (not a blinding mob) I still hear music and other things but am locked out of my character. This is maybe the 5th time I have died while this happens. I have to kill the task and when I return no matter how full of health or "winning" I was I am dead. It seems I am going into a LD state. I though when LD your character tries to survive? In this case my character had 80% HP and the hill giant maybe 10% and was fleeing. Very frustrating!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Aviak

ve had something similar every once in a great while... basically the game appears to completely lockup but the sound works find like im still in the game and not locked up...sometimes it lasts for only 30 seconds but other times several minutes. Sometimes pressing alt enter works to "fix" it but sometimes that leads to me having to kill the client s "not responding".
Old 10-30-2020, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

as mcoy has said you need dgVoodoo

or wined3d/
Old 10-31-2020, 11:02 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as mcoy has said you need dgVoodoo

or wined3d/
oooh didn’t know about those! I do play a lot of old 3d games and my new hardware is an AMD 8 core machine with a RTX2070 so I do worry about them aging out. Thank you!