Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

Default Dragon leash mechanics

Nagafen should not go further than the entrance to the steps that lead down when leaving his room.

Vox should not leash past the sliding rock that leaves her lair.

This includes distances that exceed that length. Aka thru walls etc.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

vox was never leashed.

You're right about nagafen though -- I think they changed that because peopel were getting first to engage on nagafen and just killed those giants while they had aggro and werent really engaged to nagafen.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Seems unlikely one would be leashed but not the other. I can 100% recall from live the case with Nagafen.

I never had anyone try to kill Vox outside her room on Live though, and she was killed many times.

Maybe someone who was in charge of pulling or doing it another way on live can comment, or otherwise post some related infos.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Banned

Gotchu right here mang.

http://ffx.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=20030

Quote:

- Lady Vox will now leash to her spawn point should she find herself outside of her room. This has been changed to provide an encounter more in the spirit of the event.
both dragons should leash 100% confirmed! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

The above link says:

Patch Notes for October 8, 2009Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:55 AM by Railus

So...

Edit: kept reading and the Vox they were fixing was for the mission: Dragons, dragons, dragons. And afaik has NOTHING to do with original vox, or even a non instanced version of permafrost.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't this be very similar to pulling Phinny to the zone line?
You can do that too but it is considered an exploit despite the fact that it was occasionally doable on live. I know people tried that on this server and were given a finger wagging for it.

How can anyone say with a straight face that warping a boss mob to a dungeon zoneline is a legit tactic? That's just ludicrous.

So far, no evidence has been provided that Vox was ever able to path through the cubby. As others have stated before, Vox pathing in to the giants hallway was never in question and is in fact something that even I remember as recently as late Velious.

The question remains, is skipping the entire dungeon something that trivializes the encounter? Personally I think it absolutely does. And if the encounter has been trivialized by taking advantage of a game flaw then it is considered an exploit according to the official rules.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Seems like an exploit that needs a fix. Leash dragons.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Interested in at least a yes/no for fix and reason to put 'er to bed. Per Guinea's comment, the official rules and exactly what it going on... other issues where she is pulled aside...

It is certainly an exploit, and this fix kills a lot of other associated problems / ways to exploit the dragons.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Just saying bro, don't try to provide false evidence lest you get a mistrial.

If that happens your thread will join the abyss along with the rest of the discarded "bugs"
Old 01-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems unlikely one would be leashed but not the other. I can 100% recall from live the case with Nagafen.

I never had anyone try to kill Vox outside her room on Live though, and she was killed many times.

Maybe someone who was in charge of pulling or doing it another way on live can comment, or otherwise post some related infos.
Oh god, another Bug Forum warrior who never played EQ outside of emulator.

Nothing in classic leashed. I don't remember mobs leashing until Planes of Power actually. And there's a difference between 70 people fresh to the game eating AEs & killing dragons where they spawn and the situation we have now where we have a fifth of those numbers and an advanced knowledge of the game. Nobody fought Cursed cycle where it spawned for example, it was pulled to the gate wall so people could more easily avoid AEs and control the encounter.

But yeah I'm sure Nagafen will go back to leashed next patch until they can hopefully sort out the pathing. Not necessary for Vox, though.

lol wut