Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Yeah, join that low population server where half the time you will get the island to yourself just by logging in.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

I think anybody complaining about Seafuries is A BIG NO-FUN WHINER!

Honestly, I've had so much fun at Seafuries in the last week. Where else in the game on blue can we actively engage in friendly competition with other players? The reward for winning the friendly competition? PLATINUM!! Who couldn't love this place??

But seriously, this place is a blast. It's fun competition to tag them cyclops. If a wizard is able to snag a full quad, PROPS TO HIM!! He just beat a bunch of slow people on the island! People should not be stealing any of his quads... and I hope any of those wizards actively petition if they do notice somebody snagging one of their mobs.

Am I going to root rot 4 cyclops at a time? YOU BET I AM!!!! That's what we came to this land for right?? To kill cyclops!!!

Really though, if I'm root rotting 4 cyclops at a time, then either the island is pretty empty(and why would you complain about that), or you are just really bad at tagging cyclops(which is possible... I sometimes see players just running around the entire island for hours, never choosing a spot, barely getting any tags at all).

My point of this post is.... seafuries is fun competition. FTE reins supreme. If somebody beats you to a cyclops, you don't get angry at them... you get angry AT YOURSELF FOR SUCKING!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
L4 wizard would easily kill a L1 necro. I'm guessing that's what happened.

Try harder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come now swish; I know you've got a bit of a boner for red these days; but I'm sure you really know that it's not as simple as "join red where you can do something about it"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Fire Giant

You are all making me miss not only seafury island, but also Tiggles and his epic Wizard, and all the /ooc drama.

*wipes tear*
Last edited by t0lkien; 10-14-2014 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

leave the island alone it is perfect; it brings all the griefers together in one nice place.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come now swish; I know you've got a bit of a boner for red these days; but I'm sure you really know that it's not as simple as "join red where you can do something about it"

We have stolen one of your bluebies.

I'm sure he will report soon on his times on red.

If you like doing ToV at 11am on a week day, you have fun with dat.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes, join the red server where only one asshole gets the island and there is nothing you can do about it, good idea
Get your pals and team up, he'll cry in ooc about how he got killed 3v1 and you'll deny it of course, for maximum rustling...

Soloquest doesn't work so good on red, particularly if you're new to pvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I'm sure you really know that it's not as simple as "join red where you can do something about it"

You can do more about it on red than you could ever hope to accomplish through Petitionquest on blue, where your plat has less value anyway.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Yeah, i have basically never played everquest except for a level 8 enchanter I made on blue a year ago and quitting before I really even started. I just started on red like 2 weeks ago maybe now or maybe even less than that. I am level 40 and have been killed in pvp exactly once while I have died in pve over 10-20 times.

Even with a lower population than blue I am easily able to find groups due to the exp bonus and the global /ooc. I never found a group with my enchanter on blue even though I saw other people while I was in a group pretty much from level 1 on red. Not to mention the fact that two different people just gave me some gear and plat when I first created my character which never happened to me on blue.

From my standpoint, red is a better community than blue is but hey keep on living in fear.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Banned

Go read the blue raid forums about raid classes, consider what you want to do with your play time... then consider red.

Having to have 6 characters camp out at all different places just to see batphones during work hours wasn't for me.

Plus? The taint is largely removed from the red server. You can even have 1 red char active and 1 blue active active. I have seen no one who has started on red RECENTLY regret their decision. Nor have I seen all the epics quest mobs tied down to be sold for MQs.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, i have basically never played everquest except for a level 8 enchanter I made on blue a year ago and quitting before I really even started. I just started on red like 2 weeks ago maybe now or maybe even less than that. I am level 40 and have been killed in pvp exactly once while I have died in pve over 10-20 times.

Even with a lower population than blue I am easily able to find groups due to the exp bonus and the global /ooc. I never found a group with my enchanter on blue even though I saw other people while I was in a group pretty much from level 1 on red. Not to mention the fact that two different people just gave me some gear and plat when I first created my character which never happened to me on blue.

From my standpoint, red is a better community than blue is but hey keep on living in fear.
TL;DR - Didn't really try blue, but I think that not finding a group before level 8 means red is better.