Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Favorite Moment of EQ Drama

Let's hear some stories. Cringy, horrible, heartwarming, or weird. From P99 or your experiences on live.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

I deleted my epic, everyone laughed at me. It was not righteous

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 10-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Skarry epic delete is actually pretty high on my list, such a fantastic and noteworthy signature to spread the word, with the subsequent Rogean confirmation with the front end screenshot in a forum post elevating it from "an oddity on the forums" to "hilarious mishap that will never be forgotten" - it was something that always stood out to me. Put this one below the third place ties on my list:

1. Everything Minyin OR the Jayand debacle (yes, I rate them the same for reasons I can't fully elaborate on. Suffice it to say that Jayand RnF thread was FAR from the end of this fucksplosion).

2. Clear argues with clear. An RnF thread. Highly recommend reading the OP. Just unbelievable for so many reasons. I'm not entirely sure this classifies as drama but it certainly ranks high for greatest RnF thread of all time.

3. Packets of death - Jeremy and the Mask. Plus many others that tie, this one just stood out as a classic that will always make me laugh. I can't even list all of the entries that should be here. I won't even try. I've always been against a lot of the drama on these servers, even as a player, but sometimes it's inevitable when passions run high, or RL sets us on edge, or any number of other factors. ~8-9 months ago it wasn't uncommon to find me making corrections or even blatantly butting heads on the forums, but that wears me down and isn't conducive to a good CSR environment. I try to do my best to discourage that now where possible, pushing the rest of the staff to adhere to the same idea - but that doesn't mean there aren't a stupid number of memorable and/or hilarious shenanigans with many more to come.

It also doesn't mean certain rowdy/misinformed/brickheaded individuals don't get the occasional public smack-down when it's really required. I don't really enjoy doing these but I know a lot of players get a kick out of it when it's some cheating tool or disrespectful ass on the receiving end of a "GM/Guide explanation post"
Old 10-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Systolic and StabbyJoe/platlord incident.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Fuck you Sanornik!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm trying to get the GU Comics comic of the event. Still waiting on a reply from Woody, as it's no longer available online.
Last edited by t0lkien; 10-17-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Banned

that one time tiggles was interviewing a GM (deru? sirken?) and something wailed in the background. he dubiously claimed it was a cat
Old 10-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Can we get links to the relevant threads?

I feel left out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

The Conquest drama immediately comes to mind. There was never much information released but they used "an exploit" to be the first guild to wake the sleeper. There was early controversy from them pulling a warder to a bridge so a warrior could reportedly build aggro without engaging the mob, but they did lose that fight to a cleric getting summoned and killed. It's unknown what the issue was with waking the sleeper, but the guild was disbanded, all members were suspended, and 2 were banned.

The sleeper model was broken and a giant human went around attacking things. Some people claimed that Conquest was punished because Sony was trying to pin blame on someone for the end game Velious event being broken.

It was probably the biggest news/drama event of classic EverQuest.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Young Doc.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, interesting post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread