Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKoji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Dethen Valiant saga from Zeb amused me - basically claims his little brother is the cause of his character's mayhem. Unfortunately over the years the multiple threads on him have vanished thanks to Yuku.
Dethen Valiant Saga

There was also quite a drama on Permafrost about his other character's hobbies - I won't link it here due to it being NSFW. I'm sure you can find - The Epic Adventures of - Ceciliantas
Spent hours reading both those. Wow.

And here's Fansy The Famous Bard at this best
Last edited by t0lkien; 10-17-2014 at 02:24 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Clear raging against himself was hands down the greatest post RnF has ever seen or likely ever will see.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKoji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Dethen Valiant saga from Zeb amused me - basically claims his little brother is the cause of his character's mayhem. Unfortunately over the years the multiple threads on him have vanished thanks to Yuku.
Dethen Valiant Saga

There was also quite a drama on Permafrost about his other character's hobbies - I won't link it here due to it being NSFW. I'm sure you can find - The Epic Adventures of - Ceciliantas
The Cecilantas stuff was so fucking hilarious.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Who was the chick that pretended to have died because her guild leader was estalking her and wouldn't stop?

They made a post on their guilds front page back in the day all RIP and shit until the truth came out (presumably because the chick eventually logged back into EQ, lol).

That was some shit back in the day.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

A little more on the Cecilliantis story, because I've been researching it (I missed this somehow the first time around, and I love these ingame "happenings").

Something Awful story

Also, I unearthed a pic of the guy behind the character, which seems to have been verified here (pic at the bottom).
Old 10-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

#spawn guild_member_sexing_guild_leader_for_loot004
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Systolic was easily the best neckbeard drama I've ever seen in any video game. Those threads were pure gold.
hearing people whine about him training mobs all over dreadlands was legendary
Old 10-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

One of the best bits of drama in a decade of EQ was on The Nameless - the drama with Fell, Goldlily, and LoS. Nameless Tavern was the best - although VCC was a close 2nd.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Conquest drama immediately comes to mind. There was never much information released but they used "an exploit" to be the first guild to wake the sleeper. There was early controversy from them pulling a warder to a bridge so a warrior could reportedly build aggro without engaging the mob, but they did lose that fight to a cleric getting summoned and killed. It's unknown what the issue was with waking the sleeper, but the guild was disbanded, all members were suspended, and 2 were banned.

The sleeper model was broken and a giant human went around attacking things. Some people claimed that Conquest was punished because Sony was trying to pin blame on someone for the end game Velious event being broken.

It was probably the biggest news/drama event of classic EverQuest.
I was on during the CQ incident, mind you I was a lowbie in Eastern Wastes hunting the rygorr fort, but the news spread like wildfire.

One accusation was them placing clerics under a bridge so they wouldn't get aggro. According to players who were actually involved, the 4th warder wasn't killed, but the code was evidently buggy because it triggered the sleeper event anyway, instead of the pretty Kerafrym model, it was the basic Soandso human model from the tutorial. a GM showed up minutes after this and did a zone-wide DT, nearly all the accounts were suspended and a few important names (Itzlegend, etc) banned.

Incidentally, Conquest returned at the release of PoP and reclaimed the top-server slot, itzlegend even had his account un-banned by then too.

Long Live Lanys!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Fire Giant

I never really understood the asshattery of SOE GMs on Live. The entire company pretty much was incredibly arrogant until WoW destroyed their player base. Banning people because their game was incomplete and bugged was just another example of this. I was at E3 in 2003 as a dev and a journalist, and the Blizzard guys were gracious and generous back then (showing an early build of WoW). SOE were impossible to access, and literally sneered at anyone who tried to get time with them.

Suddenly after WoW shipped they were all sweetness and light, and couldn't do enough for people, but everyone had already moved on.
Last edited by t0lkien; 10-18-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Closed Thread