Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default couple "classic" questions

-What is the skill level cap formula?
My understanding has always been that the formula is level x 5 + 5 = skill level cap. However, I'm not seeing that on Teal. Is the "classic" formula actually different or is this a bug or something? As an example my 1h blunt and 2h blunt skill seemed to cap at 20 when I was level 4 so it seems to be missing the +5 part of the formula.

-water and LOS.
So I do remember there was issues with LOS when you are not in the water but a mob is in the water or vice versa..you can't cast spells on it. Was that fixed later? I don't remember this happening on blue so much as I am seeing it on teal and it's really bad. Like I can be in the water but still can't "see" my target that is not far away or they are only in very shallow water (not even swimming) and I'm not in the water but again I can't "see" my target.

This is quite annoying in Innothule Swamp area and especially with low swimming skill. Just curious if this was an early classic quirk or actually persisted and I just don't remember it being this bad.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Large Bat

I can't answer your skill level question since you left out your class.

However, based upon my memory. Water and shorelines and targeting mobs was always kinda buggy early on. Especially when the mob ends up in a little inlet with a shore and land.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by veldan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't answer your skill level question since you left out your class.

However, based upon my memory. Water and shorelines and targeting mobs was always kinda buggy early on. Especially when the mob ends up in a little inlet with a shore and land.
What does class have to do with it? I'm not talking about max skill but just the skill cap from level to level. That should be the same for everyone early on. I thought the formula was level X 5 + 5. So 1hb skill at level 5 would max out at 30. Then at level 6 it would be 35 etc..This was a shaman btw.

Yeah, I remember the water/shorelines being a bit buggy as well but I can't recall if that was something that was fixed/improved in one of the patches or not?
Old 12-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

per level skill caps can be different depending on the skill and class, it's not a universal formula for everything. For example int casters level up defense slower than melee classes. Can't remember if it also applies to 1hb. I think for non-melee classes, weapon skill might be (lvl x 4) + 4 which would explain the 20 cap you are seeing
Last edited by ajdes; 12-26-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Old 12-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

For pulling, if you're around things in the water - you'll find a bow/arrows or shurkens/throwing daggers is a partial fix if you can use them.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think for non-melee classes, weapon skill might be (lvl x 4) + 4 which would explain the 20 cap you are seeing
(Level x 4) + 4 is the formula until you hit cap (check the Class section of the P99 Wiki for caps) for Priests, which is the archetype he's playing. Not sure if it's the same for Casters.

And mob pathing in water is still boned on Green/Teal.
Closed Thread