Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any solid box requires a death penalty... gotta have permanent deaths for a top tier box imo
Permanent death server would die faster than a devnoob server but I agree with needing a death penalty. Red99 has been watered down too much on here. Too many people just logging in to raid with no risk or real reason to even want better items.

Non rez exp death with 1 item loot on PvP death would be a lot of fun, especially if they stopped in Kunark so Velious no drop items weren't an issue.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Banned

Exclamation I hope NILBOG ROGEAN HAYNAR all read this.

No risk yet people plug faster than they did when there was no experience bonus, hybrid penalties were in effect and there was exp loss on pvp. Go figure.

YT and the participation award generation being afraid of a 300 player population seeing them die. The eqpvp server is so fun mostly because people don't care about dying, so they fight against odds and corpse rush because who cares it's about having fun.

Although, I will give the players the benefit here and say one of the biggest deterrents is the decision to give PvP corpses a 6 minute rez timer. From an architectural point of view how could this even make sense? In which universe does forcing someone to log out of the game completely (out of character select) in order to preserve their rez timer make sense? The logic is die in pvp = -1 population guarenteed. It means people will NOT fight unless their odds of winning are much higher than the chance of losing the fight in total. This is what breeds the zerg and fear of death. Nobody wants to run naked to their corpse across multiple expansions and velious sized zones.

God the project management here really fucking blows.
Last edited by Redi; 06-22-2016 at 01:11 PM..
Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No risk yet people plug faster than they did when there was no experience bonus, hybrid penalties were in effect and there was exp loss on pvp. Go figure.

YT and the participation award generation being afraid of a 300 player population seeing them die. The eqpvp server is so fun mostly because people don't care about dying, so they fight against odds and corpse rush because who cares it's about having fun.

Although, I will give the players the benefit here and say one of the biggest deterrents is the decision to give PvP corpses a 6 minute rez timer. From an architectural point of view how could this even make sense? In which universe does forcing someone to log out of the game completely (out of character select) in order to preserve their rez timer make sense? The logic is die in pvp = -1 population guarenteed. It means people will NOT fight unless their odds of winning are much higher than the chance of losing the fight in total. This is what breeds the zerg and fear of death. Nobody wants to run naked to their corpse across multiple expansions and velious sized zones.

God the project management here really fucking blows.
lol this isnt call of duty
Old 06-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

^ still trying to fix a server he was griefed off 3 years ago on. Update for ecoli last week I killed a rag player 3 times and probably made him quit as his corpses with newb robe decayed. I log in everyday for only that sole purpose...
Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ still trying to fix a server he was griefed off 3 years ago on. Update for ecoli last week I killed a rag player 3 times and probably made him quit as his corpses with newb robe decayed. I log in everyday for only that sole purpose...
Yes im trying to fix the server by doing a drive-by quote of Rogean, you Nimrod
Old 06-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Banned

What part sounds like call of duty? You think having a full duration pvp corpse makes this call of duty?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What part sounds like call of duty? You think having a full duration pvp corpse makes this call of duty?
Im quoting Rogean, who with Sirken responded often to common sense suggestions like "lol, this isnt call of duty"
Old 06-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im quoting Rogean, who with Sirken responded often to common sense suggestions like "lol, this isnt call of duty"
So you were quoting something without quotes or a source that was irrelevant to the current situation? I don't think that makes your comment any better.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you were quoting something without quotes or a source that was irrelevant to the current situation? I don't think that makes your comment any better.
Oh yeah? OH YEAH?

P.S. It is an actual quote and a relevant one
Closed Thread