Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

why does everyone want a rallos box
wasnt rallos like the bluest server filled with anti pk guilds lol yikes
Old 07-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does everyone want a rallos box
wasnt rallos like the bluest server filled with anti pk guilds lol yikes
yup
Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Cuz item loot duh
Old 07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

item loot sounds great if you want 20 people playing and completely avoiding pvp
Old 07-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

not too far off from r99
Old 07-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Die in game die in rl with full item loot in and of game. Only way to level is killing people.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
item loot sounds great
Old 07-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Die in game die in rl with full item loot in and of game. Only way to level is killing people.
vyrenoth would wreck all of us
Old 07-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
item loot sounds great if you want 20 people playing and completely avoiding pvp
Clearly this is the perspective of someone who never experienced the 24/7 pvp hotspots like Crushbone on Rallos. The vibrancy of the economy that made Gfay the trading hub that it was helped make things the way they were, but you could also find alot of pvp everywhere, around Paw, HHP, EC. Thurgadin entrance also had pvp pretty much 24/7. Thats why after a year and a half i was still lvl44, because i had so much fun stopping the grind when pvp popped to enjoy it for hours (this isnt COD though, right? Sirken and Rogean knows what makes a server fun, trust em, theyre experts!). Like i explained, people mostly wore no drop or just ran naked, or bagged their shit. It would work even better with something like what i proposed, common/uncommon no drop sets. Sorta like in eve online where the basic ship is always available to you and a little upgrade if you go out and look for it. You "fly what you can afford to lose".

You ran into hardcore twinks once in a while in EC or something doing a drive-by ganking and it was an event for all the rag-wearing newbs who would then try to down him 4v1 for a piece of gear to sell.

I could see an economy developping around looting rights being sold for no drops instead of collecting money for better drop gear, which would be reserved for people with like 3 level 60s and alot of coin to put on sets of top tier gear to wear when they roam together with their crews/drive-by ganking. Not sure how hard it would be to strike a balance where this can happen, but at the same time people selling loot rights arent able to establish a complete stranglehold on it.

Now if a server will ever be able to bring about the kind of pop that makes this kind of thing roll, after the disastrous way red was set up and staff neglecting to correct it for the first 2 years or so, remains to be seen.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-15-2016 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Banned

Theres still time though i guess. I thought id never touch EQ again, but MMOs now are run by a bunch of money-grubbing bean counter fucks who couldnt design a fun MMO if their lives depended on it. With nothing interesting on the horizon, some kind of interesting setup could maybe draw me in one more time.

To me Ragnaros, the status quo you stand for is being blue. Just some cheap no risk for the ganker fun fucking around with new people who have little chance of fighting back. Even if they fight back, the twink has zero risk so if they finally down him, the twink doesnt have to think about if he wants to lose another piece of gear. He just goes right back to harassing easy prey with zero risk. To me, thats whats blue as fuck.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-15-2016 at 10:51 PM..
Closed Thread