Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-08-2024, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopped back on ranger recently, CT pyramid is great so far. I've got a mediocre set of melee gear that travels between toons, no fungi or ikky bp, but I can comfortably kill about 5-6 before needing to chill by the clay golem spawn to rest up. Some lizards starting to turn light blue at 42 but still at least 1% per kill.

If you stand right by the entrance to the pyramid area, just a smidge inside the maze part, then only have to worry about the mob healing itself.. seems to be just out of range for the wall hax healing.
yesssss

CT is so good

that will take you to 44 easily, maybe 45
Old 01-08-2024, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Update!

2% from level 56. 55 has been so much easier and more fun than 54. I find that I can often solo as fast if not faster than a *full* group. Duo/trio is much better but this is the first level on the power curve that I find full groups to be less efficient. The Ranger is just bringing enough umph to the table that I don’t really need that group to help carry me along.

Call of fire is a stout upgrade and really mana efficient dmg. 2x procs per minute average for spell buff proc at 65dd per proc for 10 minutes … for 50 mana. Hard to beat that as it’s a potential 1300 dmg on average over that 10 minutes if I’m always in combat - 26 damage pet mana. Solo it’s probably closer to half that in terms of efficiency between pull tome, recovery time, and time spent plunking arrows. I do wish their was a group friendly version of this spell that didn’t have a stun. Mana efficiency tanks if procs require I cast jolt. Depending on the group, I find myself not using it.

The real game changer is being able to chloroplast myself.

54 was, comparatively, a pain. No regen spell to cast and each extra level at this point changes the power curve from a damage incoming and damage output standpoint.

Ravishing drolvs and KC zone trash is now very doable. With an early swarmcaller proc toe to toe is easy. Minimal to mild/moderate downtime with only self buffs. With outside buffs downtime is either not there or really brief.

If procs are stingy I still find myself rooting the mob to back off and get some bow shots in.

Very fun. Excited to mem greater wolf form later today after work.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-08-2024, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update!

2% from level 56. 55 has been so much easier and more fun than 54. I find that I can often solo as fast if not faster than a *full* group. Duo/trio is much better but this is the first level on the power curve that I find full groups to be less efficient. The Ranger is just bringing enough umph to the table that I don’t really need that group to help carry me along.

Call of fire is a stout upgrade and really mana efficient dmg. 2x procs per minute average for spell buff proc at 65dd per proc for 10 minutes … for 50 mana. Hard to beat that as it’s a potential 1300 dmg on average over that 10 minutes if I’m always in combat - 26 damage pet mana. Solo it’s probably closer to half that in terms of efficiency between pull tome, recovery time, and time spent plunking arrows. I do wish their was a group friendly version of this spell that didn’t have a stun. Mana efficiency tanks if procs require I cast jolt. Depending on the group, I find myself not using it.

The real game changer is being able to chloroplast myself.

54 was, comparatively, a pain. No regen spell to cast and each extra level at this point changes the power curve from a damage incoming and damage output standpoint.

Ravishing drolvs and KC zone trash is now very doable. With an early swarmcaller proc toe to toe is easy. Minimal to mild/moderate downtime with only self buffs. With outside buffs downtime is either not there or really brief.

If procs are stingy I still find myself rooting the mob to back off and get some bow shots in.

Very fun. Excited to mem greater wolf form later today after work.
If you can at least get like a necro to duo with you're all set.

Sheeeeeiiiit. Making me want to dust off my necro. I haven't played in 2 years.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yea that 55+ ranger / nec combo really compliment each other well. It is like 3 dps slots split between 2 players. Yummy.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Awww ding 56 and shits all green in DL including most of the Ravs

Guess I gotta put my big girl panties on and move along

Old 01-09-2024, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Once the DL/KC entrance fell off I moved over to BW and did the Sarnaks in the fort area leading up to the Chardok zone in. Found them to be similar difficulty but better for exp from 56-60. I would solo outside when I couldn't find people to group up with inside for Chardok CE and that was on a rogue so I assume will be very doable for your ranger.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Oh cool I hadn’t thought of that location. I’ll have to look into it

Old 01-10-2024, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

So I've been looking at buying an earthshaker. p99 Wiki is usually pretty accurate.

Now, it has been 8 months since the last update but I'm seeing them consistently around 3k but I just had an EC folk on blue try to sell it for 15k.

Is the wiki that off for the modern era?
Is he smoking crack?
Am I smoking crack?

Patiently awaiting intelligent replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 01-10-2024, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've been looking at buying an earthshaker. p99 Wiki is usually pretty accurate.

Now, it has been 8 months since the last update but I'm seeing them consistently around 3k but I just had an EC folk on blue try to sell it for 15k.

Is the wiki that off for the modern era?
Is he smoking crack?
Am I smoking crack?

Patiently awaiting intelligent replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pigparse seems to have more recent data than the wiki for most auctions; https://pigparse.azurewebsites.net/ItemDetails/15937. That shows recently more WTB than WTS, including a recent WTB @ 10k and 15k. Looking at green, people are asking 15-20k. Seems like a legit price to me, but I'm not a big trader.

Tunnel quest discord is another good place to check for info, and you can subscribe to a discord notification when there's a WTS. https://discord.gg/mU85VVMB
Old 01-11-2024, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t think I’d sweat the extra 10 extra damage bonus over an OT mallet or similar (at 55). Just make sure you don’t swing without swapping, lol.

Fleeting quiver, worn haste, Tolan bracer, 30+ damage bow, a slow 2h. That’s the basic kit which can always be tweaked a bit. Any 2h will be less arrows than a DW bow combo and thus less painful grinding.