Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just used "brew" in IRC and "bro" here. Estu, don't be one of thooooose guys.
I use it sparingly, like a fine wine you only reserve for those special occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we are on the topic of names. Quest about Surnames, aka last names. Can they have a space? For example let's say my toon's first name is Joe. If I do the command at level 20 type /surname the Man. The would my toon be names Joe the Man or Joe theMan?
I wanted to do something along these lines for my character Kaam; I think I wanted something like Kaam the Warmonger. I petitioned, but a GM told me that that qualifies as a title, and titles are only given out on GM events. You can petition to get some special things done for your surname, like having a quotation mark put in for a Dark Elf and stuff like that, but I don't think you'd be able to get theMan to work without GM intervention (and they probably wouldn't do that for you).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I'd just like to point out that it's sometimes really unclear what kinds of names kill immersion and what don't. I'm okay with that standard, but I think it's a nebulous standard. For instance, there are NPC's named "Bait Masterson", "______ Deeppockets" (some halflings in Rivervale), "Ekim Nottap" (Mike Patton backwards), etc. I think these are amusing to see in moderation and so I don't cry myself to sleep when I see them. I guess seeing such names all the time could kill immersion. I'm pretty neutral on this whole issue and so I just err on the side of supporting the naming policy because it's classic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joe theMan. And I'm not sure it would capitalize like that.
Damn, then how come Bob is named "Bob the Legit"?

My personal take on names is that they are suppose to be creative. If people want RPG fine, if they want a funny creative name, that's great!

My personal taste is that RPG names get boring and funny names remind us not take take things so seriously.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how come Bob is named "Bob the Legit"?
I think a GM must have done that for him. Is he really banned? Rumors been circulating on IRC.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Yak;196004]Damn, then how come Bob is named "Bob the Legit"?/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be. If he can be that why can't I be Tralina the Trollina, godammit.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

QUOOOOOTE FAAAAAAAIL
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

On another server I was Ihealyou Healsyou the Healer of You

WTB that name back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Orc

TLDR version of my "whining/crying" about GM abuse:

1. I point out how silly a GM looks on the forum because he posts a screenshot of himself on a raid with 10 rule-breaking names and on the same day posts about how hes such a hardass enforcer of naming rules.

2. His reply: "Oh yea? wait till i get online" He logs in, wipes my macros, my friend list, and lets me choose a rule-breaking name because most likely he just jizzed his pants getting back at me and he doesnt notice it.

3. A couple months later, after a long hiatus, i log in, forgetting that i had picked this stupid name to make a point, petition to see if i could get my old name back, explaining to Uthgaard 1 and 2 and telling him "The way my name was removed gave the GMing a corrupt cop flavor"

4. Apparently to Uthgaard this warrants banning an account that was played for like 6 months without any infractions, also known to have help test features such as the new chat and the pvp events.

inb4 TLDR
Old 12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Orc

Taxi driver ^^^^
Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR version of my "whining/crying" about GM abuse:
Do you think that how much people care is determined by how many times you post this same story?
Closed Thread