Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Would honestly wait for the TIs although I think evga does a step up program
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Save your money, buy parts when they're on sale.
/thread

(had this post ready to reply first but I didn't want to be "that guy")

4 years ago I built my pc top of the line in 6 months just waiting for good deals,. combo deals,. holiday deals,. etc..
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Save your money, buy parts when they're on sale.
/thread

(had this post ready to reply first but I didn't want to be "that guy")

4 years ago I built my pc top of the line in 6 months just waiting for good deals,. combo deals,. holiday deals,. etc..
Built a 480 8gb i7 6600k 16 gig ram etc for 650 after tax around Black Friday. Jet.com had some great deals and there is no tax in my state for them.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hybrid card not worth it
Old 01-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

IMO if you are going to build a computer in which you can upgrade later and that will last a long time....go with:

2011-3 Mother Board and Processor
XX GB of DDR4
M2.2280 PCI-E x3/4 SSD with SATA SSDs as storage/backup.
Blu-Ray burner
Nvidia 1060 - 1080 card. Anyone of them right now will be awesome for you and will fit in a price range that is reasonable to most people.

The reason why I wouldn't go with a 1151 chipset/processor is that plain and simple, they are only quad core. Why settle for quad when you can get Hex or better for either the same price or a little more. Also, when Ryzen is released Intel processors Hex core + processors will drop in price.

Ryzen results are very impressive, so if you want to go AMD, that's the ONLY selection of CPU I would suggest. I ran an 8150, then 8350 FX processor for about 5 or 6 years total. I was happy until I got my setup now...

ASROCK Taichi MB
i7-5820k (which I bought in september of 2016 for only 325$ new) (EDIT) - Corsair H55 for cooling.
32GB of DDR4, quad channel (4GBx8)
GTX 1060 3GB (160$ new)
240GB SSD SATA3
480GB SSD SATA3
My backup drive is mechanical and large.

That processor is crazy over clockable and I've yet to peg it outside of running Prime95 and Handbreak.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by dafier; 01-05-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO if you are going to build a computer in which you can upgrade later and that will last a long time....go with:

2011-3 Mother Board and Processor
XX GB of DDR4
M2.2280 PCI-E x3/4 SSD with SATA SSDs as storage/backup.
Blu-Ray burner
Nvidia 1060 - 1080 card. Anyone of them right now will be awesome for you and will fit in a price range that is reasonable to most people.

The reason why I wouldn't go with a 1151 chipset/processor is that plain and simple, they are only quad core. Why settle for quad when you can get Hex or better for either the same price or a little more. Also, when Ryzen is released Intel processors Hex core + processors will drop in price.

Ryzen results are very impressive, so if you want to go AMD, that's the ONLY selection of CPU I would suggest. I ran an 8150, then 8350 FX processor for about 5 or 6 years total. I was happy until I got my setup now...

ASROCK Taichi MB
i7-5820k (which I bought in september of 2016 for only 325$ new)
32GB of DDR4, quad channel (4GBx8)
GTX 1060 3GB (160$ new)
240GB SSD SATA3
480GB SSD SATA3
My backup drive is mechanical and large.

That processor is crazy over clockable and I've yet to peg it outside of running Prime95 and Handbreak.

Hope this helps.
My main computer has a 5820k. I guess it's ok but the motherboard I bought for it makes it difficult to Oc it. I have it at 4.4 and I'm happy with it there i guess.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

i'm not trying to compare Epeans,. but wait for the deals @OP. You Won't be disappointed.

That's all I meant.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your board does not support the memory you picked
Stop posting
Old 01-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey pals,

I built a PC a long time ago when D3 came out. Built it to play that game with all settings maxed out. Anyways, that piece of shit never worked right from day one and by time I was fed up, everything was out of warranty so I just dealt with it. Anyways, thinking about building a new PC and was curious if ya'll had any input or feedback.

Below is what I am thinking...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
Fan Controller: NZXT SENTRY 3 Fan Controller
I think you're going way overboard on the processor. For a non-4K gaming PC, there's 0 reason to go beyond a i7 6700k as you'll be capped by your GPU for the near future. You can just buy a new chip years down the road when/if 4K gaming becomes a thing and you need a better chip.

You may want to wait for a 1080 Ti as well. I'm guessing they'll be available this month sometime. Only issue is that I would expect them to sell above MSRP for the first 2 months. See if you can get one at MSRP.

If you are on a budget, I would consider going AMD w/ your GPU. This would only be if you're wanting to buy a 1070 or below. AMD cards are a decent bit behind a 1080, or Titan Pascal, but there is very large savings for being able to use a Free-Sync (AMD) Monitor as opposed to a G-sync Monitor (Nvidia). Monitors are very important for a build now days. There's really only 2 choices for an IPS, gsync, 165hz monitors (PG279Q and the XB271HU). They're also never on sale and usually back-ordered on sites that sell them at/below MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakizt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That case is a beast. Unless youre going to have dual GPUs and all the bells and whistles its probably overkill..

This case looks sick in silver. Check it out

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX.html
Have this case in black. It really is the best case on the market.
They've come down in price to 160-170 as well.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your board does not support the memory you picked
Mobo supports up to 3400, no? Thus, wouldn't the board support 3000?
Closed Thread