Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Fixed: cannot find eqgame.exe and referenced memory error, memory could not be read.

Hello everyone!

Hopefully this works for you! I had the below error after installing eq titanium, and tried launching from the .bat file -

The instruction at [letter/number combo] referenced memory at [different letter/number combo]. The memory could not be read.

-- Out of frustration, I also tried copy/moving my Sony - EverQuest directory, create a new shortcut and correct path to eqgame.exe, but got the error "Cannot find EQgame.exe".

Reference post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4978

Solution that worked for me: As many others have discussed - I downloaded WinEQ2, I did register a free account with them, and right clicked the option in the launch tray to launch EverQuest from the default profile, this worked like a charm.

Out of curiosity, after creating a character, I closed and relaunched EverQuest by the Launch Titanium.bat file and now my computer can play on full screen, normal settings!

I do not know if WinEQ2 reorganizes settings, but it appears to get around the memory problem.