Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 11-27-2023, 11:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always hear about how the Druid is a good starter class because of all the money you can make porting. I am just curious how much you earn over say an hour of porting? Feels like it wouldn’t be that much but I’ve never made or played a porter.
I average 500p an hour porting.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really.
I average approximately 47pp per person porting over the last 3 months. Some pay more, some pay less.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I average approximately 47pp per person porting over the last 3 months. Some pay more, some pay less.
Not disputing that.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

It's standard fare. Do you know why that is? The leader of DAP used to advertise 1p per level OR 50p because 50 is a round number that's an acceptable amount for porting and practical for people to carry. I think a lot of people forget about the last bit. 50p is standard. You seem to be confused about that. Would you think someone paying 50p would be "cheap AF"?
Last edited by Cecily; 11-29-2023 at 11:03 AM..
Old 11-29-2023, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I always tip 100p. Often times its in the form of peridots though.

I also once gave a druid 5k to run some characters around + a few transfers.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:33 PM
Aviak

Not worth it for the money IMO. I've been porting since I hit 29 and I've made way less money then when I'm farming. I always port when I'm AFKing eating or w/e, and while it is easy money, the pp/hr is very low with people who either don't tip, tip low, or just too much competition with DaP.

FYI I have reached 44 since then and while I get a bit more requests for ports it's still pretty low.

I almost always advertise for ports when leveling as well, but sometimes just can't be bothered if I have a good camp or am grouping since most camps give me better pp/hr anyway.

I think joining DaP would be the way to go if you really want to make money porting - just being able to negotiate advertising spots would be a huge benefit IMO.
Last edited by Sonolin; 11-29-2023 at 03:38 PM..
Old 11-29-2023, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

DaP druid here. 50pp is standard. It's not the best way to make money, but it's certainly easy going. And since I play mainly EU hours, there is usually no competition
Old 11-29-2023, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Basically move to a Balearic island, live off a beach bar wifi selling premium euro ports as your retirement.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-29-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's standard fare. Do you know why that is? The leader of DAP used to advertise 1p per level OR 50p because 50 is a round number that's an acceptable amount for porting and practical for people to carry. I think a lot of people forget about the last bit. 50p is standard. You seem to be confused about that. Would you think someone paying 50p would be "cheap AF"?
I posted some basic math and you were the one who got all aggro that I didn’t use increments of 50. There is no “standard fare” because I haven’t seen anything advertised…ever.

Yea Cecily. I spend my waking days and my restless nights thinking about what other people tip. If it’s more than me I spin into financial insecurity. If its less I judge them with the wrath of a thousand Kardashians. I get really sassy for cost of just over two Greater Lightstones.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Oh the cheap comment on my original post?? LOL

No. I’ve had someone with BiS try to give me 1500 gold before on my non DAP Druid I did a courtesy port for. Also someone who didn’t tip but gave C2.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-29-2023 at 08:00 PM..