Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-24-2024, 08:53 AM
Orc

Default Bard Melee Spell combo

Bard with Epic and Nature's Melody, trying to find best 4 song rotation to melee solo that will give the slow/snare and some heals during fight. What should I change on the songs? is there a better combination for better healing during the fight? When weapons proc, might not need the buff song.

Largo's Absonant Binding - for Slow, snare
Cantata of Replenishment - for heal
Niv's Melody of Preservation - for heal
Jonthan's Inspiration - for buffs
Old 03-24-2024, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Solo? Or grouped?
Old 03-24-2024, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

From what I've noticed and according to the wiki, Hymn of Restoration regens more HP than Cantana. That, plus stamina loss is generally a nonissue, esp compared to classic, and bards don't benefit from the mana portion of the song obviously.

Assuming primary horn is an option, personal preference but Rousing Rondo wins out over Jonthan's due to the damage shield even if the intention is to slow the target because it doesn't always land reliably. Nature's Melody proc already has 60% haste covered, so unless worn haste is lower than 40%, Jonthan's is superfluous/not necessary. *Rondo does mean less haste but melee can swing and miss, just like slow can be resisted, whereas damage shield will always be on.
Last edited by Ennewi; 03-24-2024 at 12:21 PM..
Old 03-24-2024, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

swap jonathans with:

mcvaxuis - more atk + small ds
psalm - better ds
Shield of song - more "healing"
tuyens - dmg

DS loses value on slowed stuff so psalm probably the worst option but youll gain ac which helps

melee soloing not really gunna be efficient anyway so just pick whatever
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-24-2024, 01:23 PM
Kobold

When I melee solo, I primarily sing 3 DoTs (single target or AE, whatever works) and hymn for maximum damage. Keep Largo's for slow if you need it, but I prefer opening with Angstlich's Assonant Strane (the level 60 slow) cause it lasts 60 seconds AND has a DoT component, so you can twist in the 3 other dots with hymn while it lasts. With epic and Tuna sword you don't need any haste songs. All that damage will enable you to solo the 4 spawn room in Skyshrine (if you're looking for guardian robe) including Guardian Salgor, the level 49 guardian in that room. Don't even have to mez and heal up, the dmg is good.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:21 PM
Orc

Yes this is for solo. Just something to see how far can go with melee on a mob as opposed to melee, mez and heal up, melee again, etc. Wanted to see best song twists to combine slow/snare and heal. The snare is nice because some mobs will stop fighting at end when snared.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

is this hypothetical or do you actually have bard epic and cant figure this out?
Old 03-25-2024, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard with Epic and Nature's Melody, trying to find best 4 song rotation to melee solo that will give the slow/snare and some heals during fight. What should I change on the songs? is there a better combination for better healing during the fight? When weapons proc, might not need the buff song.

Largo's Absonant Binding - for Slow, snare
Cantata of Replenishment - for heal
Niv's Melody of Preservation - for heal
Jonthan's Inspiration - for buffs
Would start with werewolf form haste from lute of the howler https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf.

Use the 60 dot for your slow, it lasts a full minute. You can wait to snare once they get low. Snare doesn't cause them to flee it just stalls their movement when they do.

Assuming you have a prime hand lute and maybe not other prime hand instruments (you tap in the prime hand instrument just before the song finishes and then tap the weapon back in), something like:

Hymn
Denon's 59 poison dot
Chords of Cessation (48 dot; does not actually slow)
Niv's or shield of song

Sometimes I do a 4 dot rotation and just put hymn in every 4th song

60 dot

Hymn
Denon's
Cessation
Tuyen's Cold
Hymn
Tuyen's Fire
Denon's
Cessation
Hymn
Tuyen's Cold
Tuyen's Fire

Quote:
Yes this is for solo. Just something to see how far can go with melee on a mob as opposed to melee, mez and heal up, melee again, etc. Wanted to see best song twists to combine slow/snare and heal. The snare is nice because some mobs will stop fighting at end when snared.
The best I've gotten so far toe to toe without a mez pause or wort clicks was Hierophant Prime Grekal. I have bis instruments and weapons, but lack ring 10 and angry goblin ring.

As my gear has gotten beefier I've been able to do progressively better toe to toe. When I first hit 60 mobs that look easy to me now tore me up.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

if you have epic and tuna weapon and dont know which songs to sing, id probably just uninstall the game. hope that helped
Old 03-25-2024, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have epic and tuna weapon and dont know which songs to sing, id probably just uninstall the game. hope that helped
You say that, but after 4 bards have already offered 5 different recommendations, lol.