Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$0.02

Multiple necros in a group or raid: their DoTs don't stack. Multiple mages: All their pets and nukes stack.

Mage epic is a beast. Maybe one of the most OP epics in the game. My mage is only 38 or so but I find a lot of his summons are frequently useful to myself and others.

I play both and they're both fun.
I really do love the mage class. It's not for everyone but I just love the pure dps of mage
Old 10-17-2019, 05:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$0.02

Multiple necros in a group or raid: their DoTs don't stack. Multiple mages: All their pets and nukes stack.

Mage epic is a beast. Maybe one of the most OP epics in the game. My mage is only 38 or so but I find a lot of his summons are frequently useful to myself and others.

I play both and they're both fun.
This is perhaps a bit lacking in nuance. Necros are mostly terrible DPS on raids, this is true (zones with undeads to charm change the equation, like Plane of Fear). But I never (at least very seldomly) see mages with their pets out on raids. So the mage is sadly not able to fully flourish as a dps-class on raids on P99.

Necros get the "subversion" spell line AKA "twitches" which allow them to give mana to other players. On raids this is used to a very large extent as the necros "feed" mana to clerics which means that necros stack quite well.

Mages make mod rods and CotH. That is also important. Neither shine as DPS on raids.
Last edited by commongood; 10-17-2019 at 06:15 AM..
Old 10-22-2019, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Given enough warriors and clerics, every other class is 100% optional in the raid scene
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread