Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Cheapest velious plate graphic on a level 5 bard

Subject p much says it all. I'm looking for feedback on what would be the cheapest helm that has velious plate graphic, that i could get on a level 5 bard.

Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

I dont know of any non-quested armor (that doesnt drop off high end mobs) that has velious graphics besides the gnome tink armor, so probably just the thurg level head armor.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Guardian armor that drops off the gargoyles in sky shrine has velious plate look, I have this on my human bard. You might even get lucky with a robe. The helm has no graphic though, just get the thurg helm it’s what I did on my bard. It’s pretty cheap
Old 06-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

There are actually two different "Velious Plate" graphics, which the wiki represents as two categories: "Fashion: Velious Plate 1" and "Fashion: Velious Plate 2". The wiki also groups all Bard-wearable gear into the category "Bard Equipment", and all head items into the category "Head".

Knowing all that, you can use the wiki's Multi-Category Search Page to see what your options are. Here's two "canned search links that do exactly that:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...Category3=Head (Bard Head Gear Velious Plate 1)

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...Category3=Head (Bard Head Gear Velious Plate 2)

... and as you can see they cover four possible items ... all of which are no drop.

So it appears you're out of luck. However, depending on your definition of the "Velious plate graphic" there might be other categories you can use. I'd recommend checking out the wiki's FashionQuest Guide for further information

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

I thought Crustacean Shell Armor had Velious plate look except the helm. Is that not correct? Sorry, been a while since I've seen it.

Edit: sorry, learning how to read.... Just saw the note specificly asking about the head...
Last edited by Issar; 06-12-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

EDIT: I saw your edit after I wrote this ... but I think it's a weird/interesting enough quirk of classic EQ that I'm leaving my post in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought Crustacean Shell Armor had Velious plate look except the helm. Is that not correct? Sorry, been a while since I've seen it.
According to the wiki, most of that armor is "Velious Plate 2". But also, according to the wiki, the helm in that set is just "Plate".

Most likely Verant just did that for the usual (ie. who knows?) Verant reasons. It's possible that the wiki's wrong, but all of the wiki values came from Allakhazam's Lucy database (I wrote a script that stole all the data from there). In general that database is very accurate, and I just double-checked: their entry for the helmet says just "Plate".

So unless Verant or SOE changed the item's appearance after Velious (unlikely but possible) or Lucy is wrong (again, unlikely but possible) the wiki is probably correct. For whatever reason, Verant did not want Bards to get that particular look from this armor set.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-12-2019 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-15-2019, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure this stuff looks just like guardian/crystal chitin. Velious plate just like on the fashion wiki page.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cold_Steel_Breastplate
Old 06-15-2019, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So unless Verant or SOE changed the item's appearance after Velious (unlikely but possible) or Lucy is wrong (again, unlikely but possible) the wiki is probably correct. For whatever reason, Verant did not want Bards to get that particular look from this armor set.
There is currently an active big report about this exact issue. Minor patch text suggests crustacean shell helmet did not classically have the plate helm graphic.
Closed Thread