Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

The trick is fighting low hp/level blues in high ZEM areas. HHK guards for example.

I root rotted guards in NK by the gypsies but would just nuke down Cynthia in rathe. Both will take you past 40. Doing it again tho I’d prob do HHK and duo 4th floor. The plat and access to a bank and vendor easily beats the other two areas mentioned.

It sound like you’re fighting high level mobs. Scourge is very efficient but takes an eon to do its thing. Enstill usually lasts well on lower mobs but malo definitely helps. If you are camping one spawn and have time to med back before repop efficiency doesn’t matter at all.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-16-2019 at 08:59 AM..
Old 06-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Banned

Pwc, haste item, self haste and regen.

Pull with slow and just beat on with pet. Once mob flees let pet finish while you canni back the mana/regen. You can none stop kill until you reach 45 and get a JBB.

Then move to freeport and do guards to 50 just using root and click. After that you can do ghosts in TT with JBB and root until 54.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After that you can do ghosts in TT with JBB and root until 54.
Which ghosts? I camped the ghosts near the Emperor Ganek ruins on my necro and started getting a lot of green cons by level 50. Are there camps with higher level ghosts?

The xp there was great. I flew from 47-50 really quickly.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why aren’t shamans charm killing until atleast 40? With canni heals sow and charm animal i would have a field day
I don’t think many leveling shamans even think about doing so to be honest. I enjoyed charming on my shaman a lot until the final spell (stops around the level of hunting the higher level of OT) is no longer viable. Charming on the shaman I always found most profitable duoing with a ranger/Druid for longer duration snare. I did have some success with a dedicated healing cleric and once with an enchanter.

With the buffs, regen, heal and slows a shaman brings to the table, it’s much more efficient to buff and heal a pet and snag a partner a bit lower level than yourself and just split the cost with a person vs losing half to the pet. Rangers (especially non twink) are generally happy for the opportunity and I just had them chain pull while I babysat the pet. Ensnare on breaks and toss piddly ranger heals. If Druid I’d ask them to do similar on top of finding a pet if their own. This allowed me to keep my Med and canni-dance time as high as possible for recharge slows and heals.

Done properly charming is much faster than melee soloing or root rotting and it doesn’t take much gear. It’s doable naked.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-19-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

For Iksar, the level 29 Charm works great in Lake of Ill Omen on Sabertooth Grimalkins.

It should get you to 31 pretty handily. Not sure it would work well for 32 to 34 though since stuff starts greening out in LOIO then.

At 34 you can charm some of the Sabertooth Tigresses in OT, but never tested that since I was lazy after getting the pet.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Chiming in with question. anyone know a possible solo spot for a 55+ shammy epicless?
Kinda wish i have epic but love to know a spot i can solo occasionally.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

If I was a shaman I would charm kill alligators in CT. Good zem too range alligators are lvl 32-33 so you can charm them and it’s probably good xp til low 40s
Old 07-26-2019, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Or Invis swim down and charm the frenzied bull shark in kedge, Invis it, gate to entrance and bam your a shaman with a pet that hits in the 60s! If you get in trouble zone and go get your pet again... this strat would be good til low 50s and kedge always empty!
Old 07-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Large Dire Wolf near goblin archaeologist is exactly at the max level for befriend animal. Root it between the wolf and goblin area, invis back to your camp, wait for root to break then charm and start killing. Shaman permafrost XP 29+.
Closed Thread