Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never had issues with pbae fear. If you find that the simple action of walking to a mob annoying, you shouldnt really be playing bard anyways...
I was thinking the exact same thing. It's not like it has a directional requirement like with melee attacks. Those can be a little annoying on this server due to mobs path changing and server updating. But I find fear kiting on my Bard to be pretty relaxing. I tend to do it when I've run out of Mana for charms and I want to keep a camp broken.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHBOYS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certainly a lot of information/specifics are still up in the air so a lot of this is purely conjecture....but on launch will/would the number of mobs able to be hit while kiting once again be limited or is this something that eventually gets patched in?
The AoE limit was not a part of the classic timeline.

It was something the P99 staff introduced (at no special time in the patch history) to address the amount of staff time AoErs were taking up (and also to make P99 more classic, because on live in '99-'01 very few people had the computers/connections necessary to AoE that many ... just like very few people had multiple accounts AND multiple computers, or a way to run multiple accounts on one computer, so P99 bans boxing even though that was technically possible also).

Therefore, while no one knows for sure and we should all just patiently wait for the Green announcement ... I'd bet $50 IRL that Green will have the AoE cap from day one.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

AoE limit was classic in that virtually nobody was capable of swarming entire zones in classic because of internet/computer lag.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

If were gonna go classic with computer issues, I want my bard song spam to be able to DC random people too from overheating their CPU.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards mana free charm on mobs up to lvl 37 is nothing to scoff at either that will easily Take you to 50 as fast as an enchanter.
Best part is, its perfectly worked out to work on 100% of hill giants ;D
Old 09-18-2019, 01:02 AM
Kobold

Good luck finding even 25 mobs at a time when green comes out, luckily for me i havent even gotten a character to 60 yet on blue so i wont even be playing on green, no point for me when i can still enjoy and look forward to alot of things on blue.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People dont utilize fear enough. At the lower levels, bard fear + bard snare (best snare in game) is the best tanking you'll do as mobs die so fast. Even higher levels later, fear is the best 'tank' mechanism with 0 downtime.
Yeah I could kill red and yellow hill giants with my low 30 shit geared bard.

I'd still be doing it if over levelled hogs didn't pinch the camp all the time.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:54 AM
Kobold

Can bard be lazy?

Meaning... would I still be able to exp / solo decently if I'm not up for song twisting, or only twisting 2 songs at once? Granted -- this obviously isn't optimal and wouldn't be playing like this consistently but I'm just wondering for on those "off" days... do you always need to be on your A-game song twisting to have fun on bard?s
Old 10-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

In classic EQ, everyone would just want you to play mana song anyways, so yes.

But here, everyone is like "why are/aren't you meleeing, why aren't you singing [x|y|z] song, do you even know how to play?", people are too smart-arsed and mouthy.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

At low levels, bard are way better soloers (just face tanking) than any other melee since gear is so crap at the start and theres no skill caps. You start off with magical dmg and regen by lvl 5. Use selos if you need to run away.
Closed Thread