Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Rangers still get to be the butt of many jokes, but I haven't seen a ranger turned away just for being a ranger, they get turned away because the group needs a cleric or an enchanter; I have seen rangers as pullers when there is no monk available, I have seen rangers helping the DPS, I have even seen twinked rangers tank when there is no 'real' tank going.

I'd say a ranger is the second choice for pulling, tanking and DPS, but the flip-side is that they can fill in as any of those when the zone is a little underpopulated.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

lammies are close to other .5 ratio weaps enough that they're fine. Plus they look kinda cool. Just that Im saying you shouldnt get hung up on stats with weapons.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger is probably one of the best classes to roll from scratch. I did one, only play it occasionally, but he's level 40 and I'm pretty impressed with the gear I was able to acquire on my own without living in EC. I never have trouble finding groups with him and it's pretty fun to play when I have the time. The only things I bought in EC with plat I farmed only on him were some 5/55 rings and a Springwood Stave and I think there's like 10k worth of gear on him. I never feel gimped or like I'm being shunned by others. It's way easier to be a Ranger in Velious than it was in Classic for sure.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Not just rangers - people hate you for your racial choice, name choice, and guild tag these days!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

You do realize bards also have frontal melee immunity disc right?
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ugh alleriah’s autistic screetching...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Orc

Rangers are fun, enjoy!
Old 06-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger has all the skills I wanted in a class, Double Attack, Dual Wield and Kick, along with Archery and some nice utility magic. So many tools I'll have at my disposal once I get to about Level 22.

I take it I should train Fletching as a Ranger too, make my own ammo? Or is the Bracer that creates ammo sufficient?
Old 06-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

I played a ranger as a main from kunark to after PoP on live. OoW I made the full switch to warrior. I was there for the noobish cluelessness, the bad, the ugly, and ultimately the good. Prior to Luclin they were fun but not overwhelmingly powerful. Luclin AA and archery stuff changed everything. With defensive aa they were plenty durable and with AM3/EQ they were kings of dps. They remained rock solid dps for many expansions but started to fall into mediocrity from the planes of Time gear level and onward as high end melee dmg again outpaced non-trueshot archery.

Here? Fun to play. Reasonable utility. Ok though somewhat disappointing tanks. Ok dps. Bad healers. Limited buffers. Great outdoor pullers.

That’s about it.

Good overall class ... but not (as the wall of text above asserts) “one of the strongest classes in the game”.

Not by a long shot.

I love the class but I’m also a realist.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-05-2019, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleriah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right You are Legidias! With a shorter duration and a less reliable way of manipulating the aggro as well as a ranger they definitely have a frontal melee immunity disc ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

O hi Aaezil..I do apologize for having absolutely no idea who you are. Dont feel bad though. Your 1,209 posts on P99 Forums dating back from.. only Febuary of this year is something I'm sure you're very proud of and it's obvious you must have a lot going on for yourself. lelz
Wrong and toxic - wombo combo!

Quote:
Closed Thread