Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are frogloks in the sewers that drop netted gloves, level 7, but the drop rate sucks. The camp is tough to split at that level, but the zone to the bank is nearby. You might get lucky. There is a level 12 spider in lfay that drops 5hp gloves, but I'd wait till you had feign death before trying for those, just because of all the brownies in the neighborhood.

Warren's has gloves and shoes you can get at 22, but it's a tough split untwinked. Doable though.
Oh snap those frogloks in the qeynos catacombs are probably it!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to the warrens, get pit fighters hand and foot wraps, both magical both easy to get. Stay around long enough and there is a nice waist item you can get too. Xp is amazing and you can make decent money as well.
Don't think warrens will be on green server at launch
Old 06-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

If you're shooting for a green server experience as a monk, I'd roll a magician on a 2nd account and take it to level 8 immediately and use it to ground transfer items to the monk at the start of a given play session. At level 8 you have free stacks of bandages, a really crappy magic 2h blunt, and most importantly - 4 slot 100% weight reduction bags for selling rusties / bronze. If you're willing to burn a few evenings and take the character to level 16, the magician then provides magic throwing knives and a better 2h blunt. More importantly, the level 16 magician will have a greatly improved Meditation skill to recover the mana used to conjure crap for a play session start.

This might not sound like 'self sufficient' for the monk but it to me it feels totally like fair game on a fresh server where everyone is starting naked.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're shooting for a green server experience as a monk, I'd roll a magician on a 2nd account and take it to level 8 immediately and use it to ground transfer items to the monk at the start of a given play session. At level 8 you have free stacks of bandages, a really crappy magic 2h blunt, and most importantly - 4 slot 100% weight reduction bags for selling rusties / bronze. If you're willing to burn a few evenings and take the character to level 16, the magician then provides magic throwing knives and a better 2h blunt. More importantly, the level 16 magician will have a greatly improved Meditation skill to recover the mana used to conjure crap for a play session start.

This might not sound like 'self sufficient' for the monk but it to me it feels totally like fair game on a fresh server where everyone is starting naked.
Going to be duo with wife who will also be playing a monk (odd combo, I know). We're going to do brewing and tailoring. Spiderling silks for bandages and eventually silk armors and tailored bags.

I'll probably play more than her and do plan on doing a magician, but mainly to do farming later. Not so much for the early game rush.