Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Large Bat

Default <Divinity>

Six long years ago, Divinity was established by a group of friends with a vision:

To construct an environment for our trusted companions free of the dilemmas of the outside world. Playing with enjoyable people who are also competent players makes for a much more pleasant setting. Our refusal to participate in any negative aspects of the server or its forums such as Rants-and-Flames and the standard problematic issues that spawn from any online establishment allows us to exist peacefully and prosperously. This is secured by a necessary and thorough recruitment application process which helps determine who and who is not a potential suitable member - and whether or not we suit them as well.

To blossom into one of the greatest MMORPG experiences of all time. Creating, building, and maintaining a successful guild is no simple feat, but it was done, and I’m glad it was. Divinity has labored hard to attain what we have - a satisfying and warmhearted collective whose membership stretches the globe, whose objectives and desires align and whose attitudes are admiring and pleasing. I adore this guild, and so will you. In the 18+ years I’ve been playing MMOs, I can easily and without a doubt say Divinity has been one of the best experiences I’ve had and I could not ask for a better guild nor see myself in any other. The people, the environment, and the game all collide into an entertaining yet distinguished playfield where we all come together to just have a good time and enjoy ourselves. We are all pals here, and we work side-by-side to accomplish our guildmates’ goals - as a team.

To preserve not only the integrity of the game but the server as well. Divinity cares about both Everquest and Project 1999. Cheating and exploiting are completely off the table and we have high regard for the rules the P99 Staff has in place. We also hold a lot of value in our ability to interact with outsiders maturely and responsibly, without any need for arrogance or fighting which is common in a competitive PVE environment. We are the type of guild that cares less about making a profit and instead are quickly doing /who searches when items drop we do not need, in hopes of giving them away to someone who does. We believe that this is in the true spirit of Everquest and hope more players are interested in playing this way. Occasionally we also host exciting events - after all, there’s more to EQ than just grinding and raiding. Sometimes it’s nice to take a day off and enjoy a level 1 race from Qeynos to Freeport!

To achieve a level of quality that permits us to be generally casual while still procuring a large amount of raid targets. We are adults with jobs, marriages, children, responsibilities, etc., who are able to maintain a balance between playing Everquest and living life. No one here will ever make you choose one or the other and understanding one another’s needs in-game as well as real-life is an important part of our philosophy. Despite being a mostly casual guild, Divinity racks up quite a few raid boss kills, all the while doing it with half (or less) the amount of players that most guilds do. We’re far more concerned with the quality of our members, in both personality and ability, rather than just zerging everything down with quantity.

Divinity has succeeded in all of these goals since the beginning, and we are now one of the oldest guilds on Project 1999. We are grateful to the staff and the community for providing us the opportunity to re-experience one of the most memorable and favorable moments in our lives, in a game brought into our homes so long ago by creative and artistic minds who were passionate about their work - and we too, have love for Everquest - and each other.

If you’ve become interested in joining our team, here are some links you should know about:
Divinity Guild Website - Our main home page.
Our Philosophy and Code of Ethics - Pretty straight forward, details what’s acceptable and what’s not.
What is a sponsor and how do I get one? - This is important, as having a sponsor is a mandatory part of our application process.
Loot Policy - Members are required to sign off on this.
App Tips - Just some tips for applicants.
List of Officers and Council Members - If you have any questions, these are the ones to ask.

Recruitment Officer Bierp/Qaden will typically be the one to do interviews and answer questions regarding recruitment. By all means please directly send him a /tell if you need anything or have any queries. Our current level requirement is 53, but you can still submit an application prior to then - we won’t ignore it!

---Written by Atomos---
Last edited by Horsethief the Legendary; 06-06-2015 at 04:31 PM..
Old 06-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

I've been in this guild for several years and I just want to say that Divinity's philosophy and way of life was so meaningful to me that I actually built a guild in Final Fantasy XIV based on it. That's how good it is - that I refuse to be in any guild other than Divinity - even when playing other MMOs.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

^^^

Looking for good people!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Bump.
<Divinity>
Old 06-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Still doin it the way it was meant to be done

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Cool cats. Summer mode, engage!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Aviak

Divinity is switching websites. Please find our new home at http://p99divinity.enjin.com/
Old 06-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Great showing at Trak guys! Really impressive response time!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Divinity: a fluffy, creamy candy made with stiffly beaten egg whites.

True to their namesake, this group is one for the ages. If you're looking for a guild experience reminiscent of old school EQ, this might be the flavor I'd imagine you're looking for. Bump for a great flavor of people who are quietly dancing to the beat of their own drum.

P.S. Where is BB??
Last edited by Getsmurfed; 07-01-2015 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Please bring back Crystal Pepsi!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

We were bored, so we went to Hate today.

We walked out with 5 Breastplates -- 2 Cleric, 1 Warrior, 1 Shaman, and we felt bad so we also got a Bard BP.

Come join the fun!
Closed Thread