Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pendle Dashinger - Unresponsive

Pendle Dashinger does not currently respond to hails or the specific line of text "What Ruins of Kaesora?", both of which elicited a response in classic.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...8&p=3#comments

Quote:
Duh
#Jun 21 2001 at 11:33 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
This guy was added with the patch that allowed melee classes to bind in the ruins next to the Pit in the Field of Bone. This is also where the entrance to Kaesora is located. If you continue the conversation he will talk about gaining an affinity for this place.
If you read patch messages when Verant ran this patch they mentioned that they would add NPCs at the locations where binds are now allowed.
Quote:
Quest?
#Jun 18 2001 at 6:33 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I think he maybe part of a Quest? I Hailed him and he ask if I was visiting the[Ruins of Kaesora]. I tried to reply, no succes. While I typed, I must of forgotten to enter enter first(You all did it once or twice :>} ) Got my rear kicked. He hit for almost 200dmg. Anyone else tried this, let me (us) know.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010522...e=35&id=412388

Quote:
Pendle Dashinger [Subscribe to this document]
Anon Guy | 4/23/2001 2:35:20 PM

On two occasions I have see this npc. He is a halfelf who stands at the ent to the ruins of Kaesora. He con'd indiff to me and I am an Iksar. When Hailed he speaks of the ruins of Kaesora. There is some text in brackets however I dont remember it now. But replying to the text gets a response of some magical powers that are able to bind souls or sumthin like that. Tried many different replies since there is no more brackets at this part, but no reply. I am not sure if this quest starts in a different zone or what just wanted to know if anyone else has seen him or gotten passed that part.
Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 4/26/2001 7:03:20 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
This guy tries to tell u that Kaesor is a new binding area. Not more, not less!

https://web.archive.org/web/20020128...&pg=1&sortby=1

Quote:
[Original Image]
Beast Name:
Pendle Dashinger Location:
Field of Bone
Known Level Range:
55 / 55 Quest Related: Yes
Magic Caster: No
Faction Hits:
unknown Loot:
unknown
Description
Has conned blue to a level 60 Druid. When hailed, he asks about "Have you come to visit the <Ruins of Kaesora?>" So far, I dont think anyone has got him to talk beyond that.
Submitted by: Elessar Elfstone

Quote:
Submited by: Artannis Wolfrunner On: 6/26/2001 8:36:28 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I simply asked him
What Ruins of Kaesora?

Then he told me about the ruined city of Kaesora, about the libraries and stuff like that. Nothing of any interest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020107...eldbone04.html

17:14:44 Jan 07, 2002

Quote:
>Hail, Pendle Dashinger

Greetings, have you come to visit the [Ruins of Kaesora]?

やぁ。君は[ Kaesoraの廃墟 ]に何をしに来たのだね?

>What Ruins of Kaesora?

The ancient libraries and temples of Kaesora can be found among these ruins as well as the lost city itself.
Among these ruins the magic of the Iksar Empire still holds the power to bind lost souls, something that may prove useful to an adventurer such as yourself.

古代の図書館とKaesoraの寺院は、この失われた都市と同様にこの廃墟で見つけることが出 来る。
この廃墟でIksar帝国の魔法はまだ地獄に落ちた霊魂をしばる力を持っている。
あなたのような冒険家に役に立つかもしれないね。